Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Pixi Dust by Zoya- NOTW

Hello Everyone

When I saw Pixi Dust, the new textured polish by  Zoya I decided it probably wouldn't be worth the $9 price tag. I have used textured polishes from other brands and they have left much to be desired. I was also thinking that the beautiful appearance of the glittery polish featured on the Zoya site was due to good lighting and a great photographer. However, after seeing the polish on a fellow blogger, Styled via Tia, it looked just as beautiful as it did on the site, so I had to purchase it. Although it is one dollar more than the typical Zoya polish, I say go for it!
In one coat you get a light gray color but once you layer this polish you get more of a sliver color with blue tones mixed in. This polish is sparkly and matte at the same time, I can't stop looking at my nails.  Unlike other textured polishes after washing my hands the quality of the polish remains high.
The color featured below is NYX, but I also purchased the red color Chyna. Now that I love this polish so much, I will likely pick up a few more from the Pixi Dust collection.

The verdict is still out on whether or not I will buy polishes from the OPI liquid sand collection, because I have seen some unflattering pics of that polish on other blogs.
What are your thoughts on these textured polishes hitting the market?
Thanks for reading.


Style, via Tia said...

OMG thank you so much for the shout out!! It really means a lot. So glad you like the ZOYA; isn't it everything!! I am so in love with that dang Pixie Dust and let me tell great stylish minds think alike because I got the red too!! They really stuck gold with this one. And save your dollar bills on the liquid sand by OPI cause if it wasn't in my glossy box I would not owe it. But it is no where near as nice as Zoya's it is like clumpy glitter! thanks again!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Hey Tia
No problem- you have a great blog!
High five for the two of us getting the same colors :-) Thanks for the heads up on the OPI polish.
Have a great weekend.

Maven said...

I don't normally wear sparkly polish, but the Pixie Dust does look good. I would probalby do it for an occasion. Its worth checking out. Thanks for info.