Saturday, December 31, 2011
Friday, December 30, 2011
Friday, December 23, 2011
I swatched these colors in the same order in which they appear in the palette.
Second view of Walk in the Park
The final palette is Girls' Night Out and it features the shimmering powder.
Second view of Girls' NIght Out
Here is the peppermint infused lip project that also comes with the kit. Now don't be scared by what seems like a really bright pink color, once you smooth this product across your lips it almost looks clear.
I can't forget about the purse so here it goes:
Once inside of the purse you will find card holders and two snaps used to secure your makeup palette in the purse.
Check it out:
Check out the video for more info including, the length of the chain on the purse, a view of the makeup by numbers guide that comes with this kit and more!
Seriously cute kit, right?
Sunday, December 18, 2011
Sunday, December 11, 2011
For years I have been saying that red just isn't my color but alas, I have found the PERFECT red nail polish. Knees Up by Butter London priced at $14.00, is a brilliant metallic red. This picture does not really do it justice, but this is the best my camera could do in this lighting. You can certainly make this a one coat application but in the pictures below I have on two coats. I am not wearing a top coat and this polish shines on its own. Much like Zoya, Butter London polishes are free of carcinogens.
Saturday, December 10, 2011
Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Sunday, December 4, 2011
Sunday, November 27, 2011
Wednesday, November 23, 2011
Monday, November 21, 2011
- Karen's Body Beautiful from Nov. 25th-Nov 28th will give you 30% off of your entire purchase. use the code BLACKFRIDAY Early Access starts Thursday at 1pm
- Komaza Hair Care will give you 25% off your entire purchase from Nov. 24- Nov. 28th
- Oyin Handmade- ok I received the following Oyin email so simply read below to see what they are offering:
- starting at 12 a.m. on Friday, November 25, 2011:
- Buy 16 oz Curl Defining Cream, get Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner FREE
- Buy Nourish & Shine, get Natural Hold Spray Gel FREE
- Buy Twist & Lock, get Natural Hold Locking Spray FREE
- Buy Hair Nourishing Cream, get Revitalizing Leave-In Conditioner FREE
- Sultra.com get $100 off the PINK flat iron from Nov 21-Nov 28th. Check out my review of it here.
- She Scent IT- 30% off the full size only use the code sheblfr2011
- Brown Butter Beauty will give you 25% off your entire purchase - use the code BlackFriday
- Carols Daughter 15% off your entire order ends Nov 24th
- Hairveda - check the side for their sales which last from Friday- Monday (30-50% off)
- Darcy's Botanicals - 25% off full sizes only use the code BlackFriday - you will also get a free gift with your purchase and Larger sizes and Holiday gift sets will be available. Nov. 25th only from 12 Am- 12 (midnight)
- Afroveda- 30 % off offer ends Nov. 25th at midnight so act fast use the code bf2011
- Miss Jessies - the anual BOGO sale--buy one get one free Now- December 31st.
- My Honey Child- offer ends TONIGHT at MIDNIGHT buy one 8oz get another free
- Beija-Flor Naturals Their sales of 15% off ends Cyber Monday. use the code
- Puma sneakers 30% off your entire order Nov- 24th- nov 27th.
- Payless Shoes - 50% off select styles
- JJill 25% off select items use the code Gobble
- Aerosoles take an extra 20% off your entire purchase. In STORE Only at this point.
- Ann Taylor 40% off EVERYTHING use the code Thanks
- The Limited- take 50% of original ticket items, sale items not included. use code GOBBLE
- New York & Co- click the link to see their list of sales
- Aveda- free 2 day shipping and free styling foam with orders over $40
- Newport News- they seems to have a variety of discounts.
- Victoria's Secret, you get a free tote filled with goodies if you spend $65 use the code Friday
- Pooka Pure and Simple- Two for one (it looks like this is in store only)
- Bath and Body Works- they are giving away VIP bags filled with goodies if you spend $40 or more. Also they have other items on sale- click the link to find out.
- Clairsonic- device on sale through QVC
- The Body Shop- 3 items for $30, you can also get a tote with select items included in the tote.
- Glo is offering Black Friday savings up to $50 off!!!
- Rue La La free shipping for 30 days
- Dooney & Bourke (select outlet stores only) 50% off retail prince from Back Friday- January 2nd.
- Exclusively Weddings save up to 30% (you need to read the fine print and see where the savings apply)
- DSW get a free tote with the code toteme
- Inglot Cosmetics will give you 15% off all online orders (Nov 25th at 3am ESt- Nov 28th) online...however if you go to Inglot boutiques you will get 30% off on Nov 25th ONLY from 8am -1pm. . (I learned about the in store discount by going to Milly's blog) I don't know about you but I will take the 15% discount and stay at home :-) .
- Butter London Nail polish (Thanks to the blogger Just Me, I learned about this sale) use code Celebrate11
- Black Up Cosmetics- it's not really a deal of sorts, but they will give you a free cosmetics bag with any order. They don't say that anything will be in the bag so I will assume it's empty.
- Elf cosmetics- free shipping on items over $30 and 50% off.
- Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics- gift sets on sale... click the link
- Tarte cosmetics- use the code CYBER you will also get a full size gift with each order. Be sure to click the link to see what you will save!!!
Ingredients- click on the picture to get a better view of the ingredients.
If you've tried this product, please leave your experience in the comment section below. What do you all make of this product?
Wednesday, November 16, 2011
- Hair Steamer (this is at the top of my list)
- Zoya polish (in the colors Flowie, and maybe Dovima (this one has been out of stock) & Caitlin) and more polish remover
- NYX cream stick in Monte Carlo (this is a huge maybe)
- Mac lipstick in touch (another huge maybe)
- Brown Butter Beauty hair tea packs and the babassu conditioner
- Darcy's Botanicals deep conditioner and some leave in conditioner (both scented in peach) and maybe the Madagascar hair cream.
- She Scent it conditioners (pomergranate, banana and honey)
- Miss Jessies (super slip sudsy shampoo (to be used as backup) and the super sweet back treatment
- My Honey Child (the honey hair mask - probably a few jars)
- Karens Body Beautiful Luscious locks conditioner, leave in conditioner and hopefully some of her products she has been sampling will be available in the full size.
- Dooney & Bourke the Smith bag or Claremont or Kelli (both will be on sale in store for $327 but I don't plan on leaving my house so ummm hopefully there is an online sale.)
- Whole Truth Solutions (soap)
- Pooka Pure and Simple body polish
Tuesday, November 15, 2011
Saturday, November 5, 2011
Video 2 Nails Nails and more Nails
Wednesday, November 2, 2011
Sunday, October 23, 2011
Monday, October 17, 2011
Wednesday, October 5, 2011
Thursday, September 29, 2011
I have seen all of the exciting nail designs that people have been sporting recently and I even got in on the crackle craze. While the crackle polish helped me to achieve a unique look, I found that you had to find the right combination of base coat and crackle to achieve a look that didn't make your nails look like you were wearing 14 day old nail polish. Needless to say, I needed a new look for my nails, but I knew creating cute looks with a nail design pen would be out of the question. So my shaky hands prevented me from showing off my own nail swag.
The nail polish actually has two caps, one that closes the polish bottle and the outer cap which features the cuticle ridge and magnet. See the complete package below.
If you click on the picture below you will see that the pattern is different on two of my nails:
I was moving the cap a bit while it was over my index finger and the design came out on an angle. I held the cap steady over my thumb and I got this perfectly centered chevron like design. This lets me know that if I want to get really fancy, I may want to try a little wiggly motion over my nails to see if I get a varied look.
Friday, September 16, 2011
Part 4- Final Part
Sunday, September 11, 2011
Thursday, September 8, 2011
Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Here is another picture of the case with the legs of the case collapsed.
The latest kit will be released in October but Sephora provided Sephora VIB members with exclusive access to tihs kit about two- three weeks ago for a limited time. I hope this review will help you to decide if this kit will be worth your $49 in October.
96 eye shadows
84 lip glosses
6 cream eyeliners
2 pencil eyeliners (brown &black)
4 different application brushes and a full length mirror
Take a closer look at the eyeshadows, blushes, and bronzer. The eyeshadow trays slide out to reveal 84 lip glosses as shown in the picture above.
Take a look as I swatch the blue and a yellow eyeshadow.
When I tried to transfer the color from my finger to my hand, it just didn't look as bright(especially the blue):
Some of the eyeshadows are really pigmented while others well- not so much. I think some of the colors, like the yellow, look really bright in the palette but then once it's on your face it rubs of way too easily and it's too light. Here is a yellow/ green / blue look that I tried on my eye. Notice how you barely see the other colors, and I put on a good amount of yellow to get it to even show up as much as it did on my eye. You barely even see the other colors on my eye so that was a bit frustrating. I didn't have on a base because I wanted to see what the colors would look like alone. You can ignore the light blue liquid liner on my eye, it is also a Sephora product but it didn't come with the kit so I will discuss that in another post.
Take a look at the mini brushes that come with the kit
The mascara seems a bit dry, the cream liners seem to apply better on my fingers than my eyes. The pencil liners are basic, they get the job done but not in a smooth way. Overall you get enough lip gloss colors to keep yourself busy for a while. If you are interested more in the eyeshadows I say try another kit. However, if you are just getting your feet wet and you want many different colors without investing in expensive palettes then feel free to pick this one up.Since I only paid $49 I won't cry about it too much especially because I snagged so many glosses out of this deal, but the eyeshadow are simply weak- they look better in the palette than on my lids.
Were you one of the early birds who picked up this Sephora kit? What is your favorite eyeshadow brand?
Thursday, September 1, 2011
Monday, August 29, 2011
Monday, August 15, 2011
Monday, July 25, 2011
Rarely do I present you lovely ladies with posts about eyeliners but this post is a MUST. For a little over a month I have been fortunate enough to try out the EmphasEyes Amazonian Clay Waterproof eyeliner by Tarte. I received the colors bronze, plum, black and indigo as shown in the picture above. Even though I love talking ingredients and all of the nitty gritty details, this time around it must wait because I have to talk about the application and wearability first.
In the pic above, I'm smiling with my eyes, can you tell..lol.
Next, I rocked out the black and indigo colors.
No parabens, mineral oil, sls or phthalates have been included in these cream linters, so try that on for size. This just makes me think, since a company can create a waterproof long lasting eyeliner without any of the aforementioned nasty ingredients, why do other companies continue to make products riddled with parabens? Just a question.....