Sugar Lip Polish Review from Fresh and Review of the Peppermint Scalp Elixir from Darcy's Botanicals
Friday, December 31, 2010
Friday, December 17, 2010
Tuesday, December 14, 2010
Wednesday, December 8, 2010
When you tweet, use the hash tag #tarteparty.
See you online tonight-I hope you win big!
Friday, December 3, 2010
Tuesday, November 30, 2010
Sunday, November 28, 2010
Wednesday, November 24, 2010
Here is my review of some soaps that I really like from Wholetruthsolutions.com.
The owner of the shop is giving You an opportunity to win a soap filled gift bag. Watch the video for more details.
My Black Friday Sales list is in the post below which I will continue to update.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010
Just like last year, I will use this post as a Black Friday sales resource. I will continue to update this post as new sales are publicized. Also Cyber Monday is nothing to sneeze at so I will keep those sales listed here too. If you know of something that I haven't mentioned, please feel free to drop it in the comment section. Also remember to use resources like retailmenot.com to save money on shipping or to simply locate other sales.
- Puma save 25% off your entire purchase all day Thursday- Friday 11am online and in stores. Save 30% online until 6am
- Save 15% off your entire purchase at the Puma OUTLET Thursday and Friday.
- Eddie Bauer - Friday ONLY (IN STORE Exclusive) take 40% off everything until NOON. After the clock strikes 12pm on Friday take an extra 30% off of everything in the physical store.
- JJill - Online & In Stores Now through Cyber Monday save 25% off your entire purchase and free shipping if you order online.
- New York and Company- Now through Nov. 28th (Sunday) 50% off of EVERYTHING online and instores. Save an extra 10% when you use the code 6149
- Ann Taylor Friday In Store until NOON 40% off Everything. Shop NOW ONLINE for 40% off your entire purchase of $150 or more plus free shipping.
- Victoria's Secret spend $25 and your order ships free code: VS25SHIP
- Gap 20% off when you use the code GAPTHANKS
- OLD Navy- many sales...check the web
- Newport news 30% off including items already reduced by 70% use the code: 524 if you spend $100- boooo newport booooo :-)
- Oyin Handmade- Black Friday ONLY save 20% off of full sized individual products (this sale ends Saturday) code: blackfriday
- Oyin Handmade CYBER MONDAY- 20% off sample sized /travel products, new gift sets, tees and books (this sale DOES NOT include full sized products). code: cybermonday
- Darcys Botanicals-25% off your total code: naturalcurls
- Afroveda- Nov. 22-28th -20% off hair butters and styling products, 15% off oils shampoos and conditioners. Free shipping on orders of $75 or more- use code: BF75
- SheScentit.com- 25% Off your entire order use code: thankyou Black friday from 12 am - 11:59pm
- Brown Butter Beauty (Christine Grant)- 25% off the entire store
- Jane Carter Solutions- On Black Friday if you purchase the Jane Carter Travel kit you can get a free full sized styling product. use the code: BLKFRIDAY9 and enter the styling product you wish to receive.
- Qhemet Biologics- 6am -11pm ONLY 20% off your purchase and free shipping (on domestic orders of $70 or more). use the code : softhair
- Hairveda- variety of offers -click the link to visit the site.
- Karen's Body Beautiful $15 off $50 or more. Another sale will follow on BF I believe. 30%off if you use the code blackfriday
- Carol's Daughter-various discounts IN STORE ONLY on BLACK FRIDAY
- Miss Jessies buy one get one free now through Dec. 31st.
- Kiehls if you spend $50 you will get $20 off when you use the code: MERRY this lasts until Dec. 31st
- Sephora will have sale but they will release the details via email on Thursday so return to this post then! However Hope in a jar by Philosophy will ship for free for a limited time only if you use the code HOLIDAYSHIP
- Sephora- If you are a beauty insider you can get a free tote (first come first serve) if you spend $25 or more and use the code: MYHAUL you can also get the tote in stores Black Friday ONLY.
- Origins ends today free shipping on any order and you get a free gift at checkout..no code required.
- ELF- buy one get the second item 50% off and free shipping if you spend over $30. code BOGO50 CYBER MONDAY CODE 55Wide for 55% off $25 bucks or more.
- Jurlique free shipping and complimentary samples when you use the code: Thanks10
- NYX cosmetics 50% off
- Deborah lippmann nail polish 20% off if you spend $35 or more code turkey20
- Zoya buy one get one free from this list of goodies-click here
- OCCMakeup Cyber Monday 20% off lip tars with the code Cyber2010
- MAC order by 11am on Nov. 29th and receive free overnight shipping when you use the code MACDAY if you order from 11:01 -11:59 pm you will receive your purchases Dec. 1st.
- Dooney Bourke- Nov. 26-29 20% off already reduced product in select retail stores in NY, NV, CA, TX and HI.
- Dooney & Bourke OUTLETS- take 20% off your entire purchase from Nov. 26-29th.
Bath & Body- Skin Care
- Whole Truth Solutions will have a 50% off sale on Black Friday!!
- 100% Pure- Free shipping on all orders use the code FRSHIP valid through Nov. 28th at midnight. You will get a free gift box with all orders over $100.
- LaVida Given by Nature-Black Friday 20% off when you use the code BF20 and 20% off on Cyber Monday when you use the code CM20.
- Bath and Body Works variety of items on super sale NOW...
- The body shop- buy 3 items for 30 bucks
- Origings CYBER MONDAY spend $25 or more and get $10 off when you use the code MONDAY
- GNC- the sales are different based on your location so enter your area code and see what's available in your area. Cyber Monday 35% off from Sunday 9pm- Monday if you have a GNC gold card.
Wednesday, November 17, 2010
Dove has two contests running right now so I just wanted to let you all know about them.
The first contest is the Dove Hair Care Brush With Greatness Sing4All video contest. Groups consisting of 3-10 members must submit a video singing the complete lyrics to the song "My Favorite Things" from the classic movie The Sound of Music. If you win, you and your group members will perform your rendition of the song at Radio city Music Hall in NYC. You will also receive a video conference singing lesson and a Dove Hair Care gift pack.
Vote for your favorite group at DoveSing4All.com
You have until Nov 21st to enter.
If you submit an entry, please let me know so that I can support your video!
Honestly I don't know what you have to do for the second contest, I just know that Dove is working with 20th century Fox and The Sound of Music to encourage women to continue doing their favorite things.
The winner will get a trip to Austria where the movie The Sound of Music was filmed.
* I still love that movie..lol
Wishing you all the best if you enter...
Monday, November 15, 2010
Sunday, November 14, 2010
Tuesday, November 9, 2010
Sunday, October 31, 2010
Saturday, October 30, 2010
Thanks for watching, following the blog, subscribing on youtube and leaving comments- THANK YOU.
Thursday, October 28, 2010
The Real Housewives of Altanta
Nene- In the latest episode Nene went under the knife for a nose job. I don't know why but I feel like the nose job was her main objective and she merely masked her nose job consultation with a breast reduction and lipo suction conversation with her doctor. For those of you who missed the episode she had all of the aforementioned procedures. Greg was not present during the entire episode and it appeared as if he wasn't supporting her through the recovery process. We know they have marital problems but it was certainly highlighted during the latest episode. Where oh WHERE did this mystery friend Diana come from. She was there with Nene through her procedures and was even at Nene's house to help her recover. When Nene said she wanted to get off the couch well there was Diana to help
Tuesday, October 19, 2010
Sunday, October 10, 2010
Thursday, October 7, 2010
Here is the wand-
Now with just ONE coat of the voluminous mascara
I also picked up black maple lipstick from the Bobbi Brown Black Velvet collection. Watch the video to hear my thoughts on the other lipsticks from the Black Velvet collection.And on my lips
Below is the video review of the Beemine Juicy Spritz.
Thanks for watching and reading.PJD
Wednesday, October 6, 2010
Friday, October 1, 2010
Tuesday, September 21, 2010
Saturday, September 18, 2010
In the Theater
Have you seen the trailer for the latest Tyler Perry Flick entitled "For Colored Girls"?
Please check out my giveaway in the post below.- thanks
Friday, September 17, 2010
Thursday, September 9, 2010
Did you watch the Reunion of the Jersey
Saturday, September 4, 2010
Friday, September 3, 2010
Thursday, September 2, 2010
The following pictures feature my lashes with just one coat of this lash blast fusion.
I was smiling in the first pic.
I don't know about you, but I certainly see a difference in my lashes. I don't use more than one coat of mascara when I do use it, so my test of whether or not a mascara works is based on my results after 1 coat. The lash blast fusion separated and lengthened my lashes with no clumping. It's so wearable because I have touched my lashes countless times and I experienced no flaking! It doesn't say that this is a waterproof mascara but it holds up pretty well against water too.
Now for those who LOVE heavy volume, this may not give you exactly what you need with just one coat, so you may need to smack on a few layers. For $8.50 at your local convenience store, this product is worth the money.
Have you tried this mascara, if so what are your thoughts?
The verdict is in, the judges have ruled and Tiffany is out.
When Angelo, another Top Chef contestant, was ready to pick food off of the ground and tried to encourage his fellow cast mate to use the food, I knew I didn't want him to win- yuck. I also new I would never visit his Brooklyn based sandwich shop.
Now I want Ed to bring it home and win top chef.
Who do you want to see as the next Top Chef?
Tuesday, August 31, 2010
Are there any other good movies coming out?
Do you follow anyone interesting on twitter? If so who? (doesn't have to be a famous person). I enjoy the musings of some twitterettes :-).
Monday, August 30, 2010
Although I have not checked box office numbers (why do I check this stuff like I'm getting money??????) I am almost certain that the movie, Taken, was the number one movie this weekend. I went to the theater on Friday night and the line was outside of the door and the next two time slots were sold out before I could even make it to the ticket booth. The next viewing time was 12:00 and I just didn't want to wait that long sooooooooo yeah I did it, I paid to see Lottery Ticket #dontJudgeMe.
Lottery Ticket- is exactly what you see on the commercials, I didn't enjoy the experience, it was predictable, and often annoying. The ending was ok I suppose but it just took a while getting through the N word being used so often. ughhhhhh
However, regarding the acting, Bow Wow did well along with the other actors.
Who thought that roof top scene was a bit much??? When Bow's forehead was against his friends forehead I was thinking ummmmmmmmmmmmmm ok stop looking intensely into each others eyes please...no really stop. The acting overall was fine but the storyline itself....yeah i wouldn't be mad if they offered me a refund. Now on to the main attraction.....
TAKEN-NOT A SPOILER
On Sunday I finally got a chance to see Taken, the movie I had been anticipating ever since I glimpsed the commercial with the lead characters walking together with a blown up helicpoter in the background. I recommend this movie to those who like a little action in their films. I was entertained from the first scence right down to the very end.
I heard the director of this movie mention that Chris Brown did the majority of his own stunts and I think he did really well! Idris, Michael, TI, in fact EVERYONE played their parts perfectly. One thing though, I left that theater only remembering the names of about 2-3 of those characters...lol How about you? And could someone have given madame Zoe more lines????? gee whiz.
Michael Ealy doesn't act enough in my opinion, but I enjoyed his acting as usual. Idris has great "swagger", he walks well, and wears a suit like nobody's business.
Do you plan on seeing Takers? If you saw it, what are your thoughts?
Can you see Takers 2 coming out in the future?
Any other good movies coming out this year?
Tuesday, August 24, 2010
After watching the videos check out other things on my mind.
I don't know about you but after watching Kenny AKA the BEAST in the kitchen on the show Top Chef, I was convinced that he was going to be in the final three. My final three dream team would have consisted of Angelo, Kenny and Tiffany.
Then all of a sudden things started to crumble, when Kenny thought he had a good dish, the judges quickly found faults. I think they were beginning to get annoyed at his level of confidence, what do you think? Was Kenny's "I'm a BEAST in the Kitchen" attitude too much for the judges to stomach? If he had pretended to be a bit more accepting of their criticisms do you think he would still be around?
Oh and for Tim, the guy who was in the contest cooking his heart out for his wife who had died...didn't it seem like he wasn't the best chef? Poor guy, I liked him though.
Who thinks Alex did steal Ed's pea puree? Raises hand!!!!!!!!
Who thinks Ed secretly likes Tiffany? Raises hand again.
Who thinks Angelo was somewhat into Tamesha? Raises hand then puts it down quickly...I'm not sure if Angelo was just trying to get her off of her game or if he really felt as much towards her as he had implied.
The Jersey Shore
The geniuses of the Jersey shore are now in Miami. Why oh why do I tune in to see these buffoons? I don't have an answer for that but for some reason, their rude behavior, elementary school jokes and stereotypical behavior makes me tune in each week. I'm ashamed to say it but it's true..lol.
Who agrees that all of the guys in the house are grenades? RAISES HAND...lol
For some reason Ronnie wants to hurt Sam as much as he was hurt by whatever went on between them off camera. He is not the fist pumping fool we watched last season. Now Ronnie is the guy who boozes it up whenever possible and tries to hold on to Sammy while connecting with other women in Miami.
I also think Jwow has not one good intention in her silicone filled body. I don't think she is writing that letter with Snookie in an attempt to warn Sammy about her relationship with Ron. Instead, I think Jwow is ready to see fireworks fly when Sammy eventually reads that anonymous letter that will reveal all of Ronnie's vile actions.
Later in the seasons it looks like there will be throw down between Jenny and Sammy....don't know about you but I'll be watching.
I've been reading Essence magazine for many years now and despite what others have to say, I still eagerly await my issue. If I were ever to be featured in Essence I would certainly be a happy camper. When Essence told the world that they would begin updating their site, Essence.com daily, boy was I happy. During my free time that was definitely one of the sites that I would check out and then it happened. Error after error after error would appear on their site. Now if you click back on my previous posts you are sure to find some things that can be cleaned up but this blog isn't my job in any way. However, the people of Essence.com do this for a livinggggggggggg. I am not as picky as some people but some of the mistakes that I have seen were just downright careless, as if no one took the time to simply read the text. With all of the mistakes that I had seen I was certain that Essence had hired Fantasia as their chief editor (I'm just saying) but alas this recent Essence mag. revealed the glowing faces behind the Essence.com postings and Fantasia was nowhere in sight.
The other thing that I noticed is that some of the comments from the writers had become a bit snarky. I remember seeing an unfavorable comment referencing Gabby S.'s weight and another on Chris Brown's BET Breakdown. I just remember Essence being a impartial voice that would state the facts and let the readers go at it but now things have changed.
Also some of the articles on Essence.com are just DUMB....really dumb (Antwon Dodson..lol sorry I had to do it).
Do you still read Essence mag or Essence.com?
Completely unrelated- I love China Glaze nail polish, it has a hardener and it lasts for a long time. hooray.
Saturday, August 7, 2010
Thursday, July 29, 2010
• full size emphasEYES™ waterproof clay shadow/liner, plum
• full size rise & shine lip gloss and stain, nude
• full size clean slate natural face primer
• deluxe mineral powder bronzer, park ave princess
• deluxe lights, camera, splashes! natural waterproof mascara
I have to tell you, when I first opened the package I thought the little golden magnetic case that holds the bronzer would be a disaster on my skin. I'm so happy that I was completely wrong..
The lock and roll is an eyeshadow that is supposed to last for 12 hours. I didn't count the hours that this product lasted on my lids but I can tell you that it added to my sun kissed look because the shadow has a golden hue.
This item would make a great gift for yourself or someone else!
Below, you will see a swatch of the plum colored shadow/liner on my hand. I needed soap and water to properly remove this product from my skin.
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Sunday, July 11, 2010
Wednesday, July 7, 2010
Wednesday, June 30, 2010
Tuesday, June 29, 2010
Sunday, June 13, 2010
Movie Time (not to be confused with Turtle time RHNY)- NOT A SPOILER
Actor, Ralph Macchi, is best know as Danny- the KARATE Kid. I don't know about you but I have watched all 3 Karate Kid movies in my lifetime and I enjoyed them all. I even watched the not so impressive "The Next Karate Kid" which featured Hilary Swank. So when I heard that yet another Karate Kid movie would hit the market I wasn't sure what to expect. Some people were critical saying that the Karate Kid movie is a classic and shouldn't be touched. Ralph Macchi supporters (all 5 of them) seemed to agree that the Danny character is set in stone and should never be touched again. The picture to the left is one example of what I found online.
I even heard that Ralph himself wasn't too sure about his feelings regarding this next KK installment.While I agree that the Karate Kid is a classic movie I had to see how they would revise this old movie. I went to the theater on Friday night and here are my thoughts........
To Ralph Macchi I say, in the words of Omarion- "YOU JUST GOT SERVED". Yes, Jaden Smith IS the Karate Kid, he didn't just breathe new life into the KK franchise, I may go as far as to say he IS the franchise. Aside from his impressive Karate skills which he has been perfecting since the age of 3, he is a good actor. I think he totally has the crying scenes down way better than his daddy, who has been at this craft for quite some time now ( but that's another story). Ralph Macchi was not a karate kid in real life which is probably why his ending surprise kick in KK1 was no more than a modern day Tae Bo front exercise kick. Fast forward to 2010 and we have little Jaden Smith who was able to put his years of real karate training to work.
Those Smith parents were smart to start the new KK series at a time when Jaden is still young and will grow into this character. I would say they could pump about at least another 2-3 maybe even 4 more KK movies staring Jaden Smith. The story line was not too far from the original but it was different enough that you would remain entertained. Taraji of course played her part well along with Jackie Chan.
I'm not going to spoil the movie for those of you who have yet to see it but I will say that there wasn't a dull point in the film.
Side note- my theater was packed with people from all backgrounds and age groups which was good to see. I know that older ones familiar with the original movie were eager to see this film, little girls certainly packed the theater to get a glimpse of Jaden's cute face, martial artists will certainly enjoy each fight sequence and overall adults will like it too. If you support this film, I doubt you will be disappointed.
Ralph Macchi can always say that he was the original Karate Kid, but Jaden Smith clearly sits atop his theatrical thrown as the new and dare I say the BEST Karate Kid......
Thursday, June 3, 2010
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
I don't want to spoil this for those of you who did not see the film so you can read this review if you would like but don't read the comment section. I imagine some people will be more specific in the comment area- you have been warned :-).
I thought there were a few parts that could have been expanded just a tad like Latifah's relationship with her mother. At some point in the movie, I was waiting for a big Love and Basketball,"I'll play you for your HEART" type of moment and I didn't quite get it, but overall it was a nice film and I will definitely DVD it.
2)Latifah in the commercial attempts to do the flirty cute girl thing as Common reaches around her to get a cookie.-NOT BELIEVABLE. She just always looked like she could put Common in a choke hold at any moment. Whenever I felt that Common had been matched up with an actress that could kick his butt, I had to remember art was just imitating life..lol Ok Ok I'm done, i just needed to get that out of my system.