Thursday, May 16, 2013

Sally Hansen Sugar Coat Polish Review -NOTW

Hello Everyone

There are two new textured polishes on the market from Sally Hansen.

The fuzzy coat polish is nearly identical to the Nails Inc "Feather" polishes. Both Sally and Nails Inc offer the fuzzy or feather polishes in a variety of colors, but I will get to that in a future post because today is all about the sugar coat.
This sugar coat line is available in 8 colors : mint green , blue, purple, pink, red, black, off white and yellow. The blue color is named Razzelberry and it is shown in the picture below.


Another pic




In my opinion, this polish requires two coats because one coat looks grainy and streaky as shown below



Here is a close up picture of the texture (2 coats applied on each nail)

As you can see the texture looks pretty bumpy.
The removal process is not bad, perhaps a little more work is involved in removing it than you would experience with a non textured polish, but it wasn't horrible. On a scale of 1-10  where 1 is not very difficult and 10 represents great difficulty, I would rate this polish at a level 4 or 5.
When this sugar coat polish is  compared to the Pixi Dust collection from Zoya this textured polish isn't as beautiful, but it is certainly a fun polish to rock and the fact that it takes less work to remove than Zoya or some of the other textured polishes, makes it a winner for me.

I have worn this polish for two days now and it has not chipped. I did not apply a top coat.
Price: $7.99 but at Duane Reade I pulled a $2.00 off coupon so please look for that too. It looks like Target will sell this polish for $6.99 and if you couple that with the $2.00 coupon you're in business.
Would you rock a sugar coat polish?

Thanks for reading.

7 comments:

Style, via Tia said...

Hey PJD!

I see what you are saying it aint no pixie dust, lol.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Hey Tia
Exactly...pixi wins. Are you getting any of the new pixi summer colors?
Pjd

Maven said...

I have yet to try these textured polishes. It's still on the list.

Elle said...

I bought the purple Friday at Meijer. It was priced $5.69 and I had a $4.00 off coupon. This is the first texture nail polish I have tried and I love it! Absolutely love the color. Now I need to check out Pixi! :-)

Rhonda said...

Those look really cool. Thanks for the tip on doing 2 coats :)

Sit and Stand Strollers said...

I've read your blog post and it was amazing. I'll visit your blog again to read more article :)

Product Junkie Diva said...

Hey Maven- Sally may be an inexpensive way to jump into the texture polish arena.

Hello Elle- you got a great deal on that polish way to go!!! If you want to see what the textured Zoya polishes look like, you may want to check out some of my youtube videos where I swatched the polish.

Hello Rhonda- no problem, thanks for reading.

Hello Sit and Stand- thanks so much.
Pjd