Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Almost doesnt count!

All these years and the singer Brandy had it right the whole time. In her song "Almost doesn't count" she shows that sometimes almost just isn't good enough, and the same is true in the makeup world. As you may recall I tried a mascara that was almost 100% natural, and it was a huge FAILURE in my book. So I decided to step it up and purchase a 100% natural, 100% vegan Fruit Pigmented mascara from 100% Pure. Since I was so disappointed with my last "natural" mascara I decided to purchase the $16.00 mini mascara in the color black tea instead of the full sized tube which costs $22.00. The mascara is available in three colors Blackberry, Blueberry and Black tea.
**I will post the complete ingredients list at the end of this post, but each item made me squeal with delight-I LOVE natural products!
The Application
This product does not clump and it certainly makes my lashes look longer. Unlike the last "natural" mascara that I tried this fruit pigmented mascara did not flake off on my face. A single application in the morning would last me throughout the entire day. This mascara will not give you dramatic lashes, if that's what you are looking for then use a primer first. However a primer will basically negate the purpose in using a natural mascara (unless it's a natural primer). I didn't get dramatic lashes, but I wasn't necessarily looking for that so I was beyond content. The mascara did give me that extra umph that I want for my lashes. It reminds me of a darker and all natural version of the stiletto mascara. I will certainly purchase this product again. A reader posted a comment on my youtube channel and she mentioned this mascara and how much she likes it, so I am not alone on this one..lol.
Picture Time
Before the mascara application


Lashes after 1 coat of mascara is applied:
In the next picture ignore the hairs in the corner, I made no effort to get them..lol


Here is the ingredients list for the black tea mascara: Ingredients: Organic Green Tea, Vitamin E (a-tocopherol), Honey Beeswax, Contains All or some of the following Pigments: Blackberry, Blueberry, Black Tea, Grape Skin, Pomegranate, Acai Berry, Boysenberry, Blackcurrant and Raspberry, Oat Protein, Wheat Protein, Provitamin B5, Seaweed Powder, Coconut Stearic acid, Mica (for shimmer in the Blackberry and Blueberry), Cocoa Butter, Pearl Powder, Rice Powder, Cacao Powder and Powdered Coffee Beans, Lavender Honey, Extracts of Oregano, Thyme, Rosemary, Lavender and Goldenseal.

Impressive right????

8 comments:

antithesis said...

what a pleasant surprise. i would not expect such results from an all-natural product. they sure showed me!

Mrs Count said...

Now I have that song stuck in my head. That mascara does look good, and so does your hair :)

Laquita said...

WoW - it looks great :o)

Lee said...

Very impressive. Your lashes really look good.

B said...

I have gotten quite a few requests to dabble in this line--particularly the mascara. Of course I'm being cheap b/c they are on the expensive side but I may break down and at least try the mascara. It's not too shabby on you!

Anonymous said...

I have to agree... hair & lashes... 2 thumbs up!!

Miss Nina said...

QVC also carries this mascara and you get 2 full sized tubes for around $26. I loooove it

Product Junkie Diva said...

Antithesis-exactly it shocked me to pieces.
TM thanks...I decided to leave the swoop bang in there since it looked so perky..lol
Laquita and Lee-thanks
B- you should give it a go and see how it works for you. i think you will enjoy the experience.
BBB thanks so much
Nina- thanks for that great info. I always ignore their qvc shows..lol
PJD