Thursday, December 31, 2009

New Millennium Nails


Remember those nails that people used to wear in the 90's, those really long nails that let you know you could be clawed to pieces at any moment? Well thank goodness 2000 introduced nails of a more manageable size. If you are a busy lady on the go and you just can't get to the salon, well Revlon has you covered with their new nail collection. The picture above features the "sequins" nails which include a little glittery detail towards the top of each medium length nail. You also receive in the package a little glue to keep those nails in place.
Revlon was kind enough to pass these nails on to me - thanks Revlon, and I passed them on to a reader and fellow blogger who kindly tested this product, thanks Mrs. Young Fashions.
She was all set for an evening of fun in NYC, so she prepared by snapping these snazzy nails in place. Although she hadn't worn fake nails in quite some time, she quickly got into the grove again as she effortlessly applied these dazzling nails.
She really liked the look of the nails and the fact that they are a manageable length. She also notes that she took them off prematurely because she hadn't completely reacclimated herself to the world of fake nails. However, she notes that, that was "some strong glue" lol.
I think the nails look great on her hands, what do you think?
According to the text on the packaging, this designer nail kit is comparable to a $50.00 manicure. However, you can make your purchase at a drugstore near you for roughly $8.50.
Do you wear false nails or did that die out in the 80's / 90's?
(another post is below)

5 comments:

Niki Kline said...

Those nails look great!! AND...less damage compared to the drilling they do at the nail salon! You know what has saved me a few times??? the fake TOEnails!! My toes are always beat up from wearing tennis shoes while working out (I'm NOT a huge fan of tennis shoes at all) and especially in the winter when I dont' get pedicures the fake toenails are a life saver when you have to go to an event that requires open-toed shoes for the event! I wore them the night I got engaged at the Marine Corps Ball and they worked great!!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Nikikline- I have never worn fake toe nails so thanks for spreading the word. I do have the press on color for my toes but not an actual fake nail I would imagine it would be such a time saver!
PJD

Product Junkie Diva said...

And congrats on the engagement.

Mrs Count said...

Those nails do look good. I used to wear fake nails all the time. Oh the memories.

Tami said...

I used to wear acrylics but it became to time consuming and costly. This look fun and may even work. I think I'll try them out.