Friday, January 20, 2012

Operation Relaxation- Part 1, NOTW & More



After a long week at work what does a gal need more than a little down time? I decided to pick up a few items that would assist me in my journey towards relaxation and rejuvenation.

In this post I will focus on the Mint n Rose Spa Soak by Pooka Pure and Simple. As soon as you open the jar you are greeting by the scent of peppermint and roses. I have said many times on this blog that I do not like the scent of flowers and peppermint doesn't necessarily hit the spot either, but a combination of the two make this product a delight to inhale. I felt as if my nasal passages were wide open yet the scent wasn't overwhelming.



I used this product in my foot bath and on other occasions I dumped some of the contents of this 12 oz jar into my bath tub. Each time, both my feet and body felt soft and smooth. I didn't have any sore joints so I can't tell you if it helps in that area.



The ingredients include epsom and sea salts, rose petals, peppermint oil, as well as other natural oils. For only $12 this product was worth the money. Can you make this product at home? Of course you can, but I know I won't be drying rose petals any time soon so I can just pick up my bath soak from Pooka. I should also note that you obviously will be picking up rose petals from your bathtub after the water drains.

Happy Soaking!!!!

How do you unwind after a hard week?



Nail of the Week

This week I am wearing Charla by Zoya, this $8 polish is a close match for Watermelon Rind by China Glaze.

One coat looks pretty weak as shown in the picture below.


But after a second coat, this sparkling metalic polish is perfect. This is a glitter free product!




On the Big Screen


Oh Happy Day- Red Tails opens in theaters today. Please support this film which highlights the trails and accomplishments of the Tuskegee Airmen !!!! Did I mention that this film features some top notch actors including Mr. Terrence Howard...heeyy







No comments: