Monday, September 14, 2009

DVD- and Hydrated Skin

Hello Everyone -I hope you all had a splendid weekend.
Friday evening I went out to see Tyler Perry's Latest flick- I can do Bad By Myself", did you see it? When I have finished a movie at the theaters and I leave saying DVD, that means the movie I watched is worthy of being a member of my small DVD collection. After watching
I Can Do Bad All By Myself" I was so pleased with the movie overall that I knew I would go back to the theaters on Sunday to see it again with my sis, and that is exactly what I did.
Mr. Perry addressed a number of issues in this film, I don't want to get into all of them for those of you who have yet to see this film but he did a wonderful job. As I expected Taraji P. Henson, Adam Rodriguez and Brian White played their roles perfectly. The little kiddies played their parts so well too! Didn't Byron just break your heart?
Sidenote #1- Did you catch Brian White's feet???? He clearly must have done too much stomping of the yard- but seriously he gets a pass since he used to be an Alvin Ailey Dancer. (click the Brian white link to check out the pics on his site including one of his dancer pics). It was great to see Brian play a different type of character.
Sidenote #2 _Taraji really made me want to get that heair cut featured in the pic above, I'm loving it!
While watching the film did you catch the Color Purple moment?? LOL
It was a touching film that I could categorize as a "must see", so check it out if you haven't already done so.
I want to personally thanks Mr. Perry for keeping Mary Blinky Blink Blige's (she blinks her eyes so hard and frequently) lines to a MINIMUM although I must say that her acting in this film didn't want to make me slap her with the business card of an acting coach.
If you have not seen the film. you probably don't want to read the comments section, because I want to you tell me your favorite scene if you saw it this weekend.
Product Review When I ran out of my Green Apple Antioxidant moisturizer by Juice beauty I decided to try out a new moisturizer. I ended up buying the "Ultra Rich Face Cream" by L'Occitane. This face cream is pretty thick, but it didn't clog my pores. It has a shea butter base and it includes soybean oil, rosemary and wheat seed extracts. However, it also includes 3 parabens which didn't make me a happy camper at all.
The application
This product claims that it will keep your skin moisturized for 24 hours. I didn't sit around keeping track of the hours, but I do know that I didn't have to reapply any moisturizer throughout the day. However, I never have to reapply moisturizer throughout the day even with other brands so that's not really saying too much. My skin doesnt look dry, it has a healthy glow when I wear this facial cream.
You will pay $38.00 per jar.

11 comments:

antithesis said...

see when i leave the movie theater thinkin dvd i think the movie should have gone straight to dvd or i coulda waited for the dvd. ur all positive and like "i need to own this". i need to have a more positive spin on my stuff.

Lee said...

I enjoyed the movie. Yes, I am seriously considering the Taraji cut. So cute. I already have a bob,so it's not a stretch. One complaint though, too many songs and they went on too long. Casting was great though. Everyone delivered.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Antithesis your spin is just fine :-)
Did you like the film?
Lee I totally agree there were certainly moments when i wished for an "EDIT" button but overall I really enjoyed it..lol
PJD

Amina said...

I loooved the movie!
Brian White was soo violent :(

B said...

I haven't seen the movie yet!

Katrina said...

I just think it is so funny that you pointed out the very same things I did. I thought the movie was great - not as predictable as all of his others. I guess I can do the TPH cut with locs - hummmm.

Love your blog too BTW.

Jass said...

I too love taraji's hair , I want it but that would require me to actually comb my hair and not swoop it into a ponytail when Im having a bad day .

I thought the movie was good , a bit long . If I had to rate it , I would give it a 8 . The movie didnt seem to flow well in some places

Julia said...

I stick to Juice Beauty Antioxidant Moisturizer. Their products have never ceased to amaze me, my skin has never looked better. This is my favorite product!

Tina said...

I also love the Juice Beauty Green Apple Antioxidant Moisturizer. I use it morning and night and my skin always looks healthy and glowy! I get compliments all the time. LOVE THIS STUFF!

Tami said...

I love Taraji and she is an HU grad so of course I love her!!!!!! HUUUUUUUUUUU! LOL Her hair is HOT to death. I'm to chicken to get all of mine cut yet but one day in the 50 range. LOL

D Alexandra said...

My favorite scene would have to be when Brian White was quivering from ALMOST getting shocked! lol classic!