Friday, November 7, 2008

Scrubs


I wanted to try the new body scrubs by She Scent It so I purchased two of the Sinfully Sweet Sugar Scrubs in Apple McIntosh and Tropical Punch. I have to say that the Tropical Punch scrub smells so much like the tropical punch flavored Kool Aid (ok moving on..lol), so I really like the sweet scent. The green Apple scented scrub does not really have a strong apple scent. You have to breathe deeply to really get that apple fragrance going. This is one of those scrubs that after using it, you have this oily coating on your skin. The scrub contains oils of grape seed, jojoba, apricot kernel and vitamin E. Now the ingredients that surprised me the most would have to be the cocoa and shea butter. She Scent It uses sugar in this scrub instead of sea salt because it is supposed to be less harsh on your skin. You may have noticed the little red cranberry seeds floating in the scrub, they are added to the mix to gently exfoliate the skin...and they look pretty good in there too.
The scub is Ok nothing too special just your ordinary scrub- tropical punch smells great though. I also think the jar is just too small, 8oz goes way to quickly.
I think my next tutorial may be on how to make a scrub :-) Not that I am trying to take money out of the hands of the many hard working bath, body and hair entrepreneurs because I am not, but I just want to offer options to those who may not be able to spend the money on certain products.
An 8oz jar will cost you $12.00.
Have a great weekend.

10 comments:

MakeupByRenRen said...

man your bathroom must be product heaven girl!

antithesis said...

i need to comb through your archives to find a scrub i wanna try.

Amina said...

can't wait to read your tutorial :)
have you ever thought of opening your own line..there's room for everyone

Couture Carrie said...

Exfoliation is KEY! Thanks for this!!

xoxox,
CC

ivoreece said...

I've got a scrub with sea salt and I love how my scin feels after that, too. :)

B said...

I love a good scrub!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Ren it's more like the bathroom, bedroom etc...lol
Antithesis I hope you find something you like.
Amina Yes I have, I have many thoughts related to business but I also have so much on my plate right now...sigh let's see what happens. :-)
CC I agree.
Ivoreece which scrib do you use?
B- me 2.
have a great weekend everyone
PJD

TravelDiva said...

I do enjoy a good scrub. LoL on your bathroom being product heaven. That's true!

Unknown said...

Oh wow those the scrubs look so good..

Product Junkie Diva said...

Traveldiva I know you like your body products..lol
Tracyee it does have a nice look too it and I like the cranberry seeds..cute look. The jars are pretty small though.
PJD