Thursday, May 7, 2009

Pocket Friendly



After hearing a rave review of the Hollywood Beauty Olive Cholesterol, I knew I had to try it. This deep conditioning creme for damaged hair claims that it will provide "super shine & moisture." I allowed it to sit on my head for roughly 15 minutes and then I rinsed the thick creme out of my hair. My hair was soft and I did see a shine to it, although I will not say that it was "super shiny" because it was not. As a go to product when I don't want to spend too much money this is an item that I would consider purchasing again. If you can see the price tag on the side of the jar, this item costs $2.99. I've seen it at CVS and others stores too but it is never more than $3.99 for the 20 oz jar, which makes this an financially friendly find.
Now on to the ingredients...sigh- yes, it includes 2 parabens toward the end of the list. The good news is that some better ingredients fall at the top/middle of the list. Some of the better ingredients include nette, olive oil,calendula, aloe,sage and coconut oil.
This post would not be complete if I didn't tell you that this conditioner has a surprisingly sweet scent.
Have you tried this product?

7 comments:

Mrs Count said...

I think I remember this prodcut from when my mom used to do my hair, or else it was something very similar. That's a pretty good price, I might pick some up for when I do other people's hair (cuz those ingrates be using my good stuff, lol).

antithesis said...

good to know it had a sweet scent because i would not suspect that. i have so many hair products to finish up but imma start using the stuff u recommend once my stash is depleted.

B said...

Hmmm..never tried this baby.

stephanie said...

I may try this on my son. Looks cool.

Product Junkie Diva said...

TM yes this would be good to use on other people :-)
Antithesis I was surprised too.
B what are you using now?
Stephanie yes and if you don't like it at least you didn't break the bank!!!!
PJD

Lauren said...

Hmmmm interesting... lol. I was in CVS earlier & saw the Olive Oil "new & improved" formula Organic ROOT Stimulator Hair Mayonnaise with wheat now in it I think??? Tempting but I didnt buy it. I see some other things that sound good on here lol. Thanks diva.

Product Junkie Diva said...

heyyyyyyy Lauren glad I could help.
PJD