Thursday, January 21, 2010

Hair, Nails,More and On the tube

The video below features my review of the following items:
  • A cheap drugstore conditioner that smells DIVINE
  • A new sally Hansen Complete 4 in 1 nail product
  • gum (yes, gum) lol
  • and a book- it's not really a review but I'm just saying a few words about a book I am currently reading.


On The Tube
Last night while eating dinner, I decided to watch the new Tatiana Ali show which I had taped the night before. I think the show has potential but I literally laughed maybe 3 times and all three of those laughs were on shaky ground. I mainly laughed because the joke made me think of something else.... comedy #FAIL. The guy playing Tatiana's brother is corny along with the two corny neighbors who wear odd outfits. The random blond with the exploding chest is a #fail as well.
However as I mentioned the show has room for growth and the storyline has potential so you never know where things could go. I did like the episode where her best friend wanted to become more than friends, that episode was a ode to the movie brown Sugar. remember when Taye Diggs' character was going to get married the next day but had an almost moment with Sid played by Sanna Lathan. Ooops there I go again thinking of something else and not being focused on the new sitcoms storyline.
I will watch it again shoot I'll probably watch the entire season, maybe it has to grow on me. I hope the show does well.
Has anyone been watching Buppies? Honestly I think Tatiana should take over the writing on her new show and make it more like Buppies with a few tweeks here and there and we may have a winner.
For those of you who don't know, Buppies is like Friends but except all the characters are black and rich.

WHY
Why is this chorus stuck in my head??????
"Life is a highway I want to ride it all night long"
#EPIC FAIL

3 comments:

antithesis said...

i plan to read serena williams' book on the line this summer. i dont know what else i'll be adding to my summer reading list.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Antithesis
I started reading that book but I didn't get a chance to finish it. It was off to a fine start though. I heard she talks about Common so I need to get to that part
PJD

Mrs Count said...

I can't watch the video yet...

You think the brother is corny? I think he's the funniest part (but then again, I'm corny). I was cracking up at one part of the show and TheCount asked me what the heck was so funny, and I realized I was laughing at something in my head- not the show. I guess it triggers memories for everybody, lol.

I haven't watched Buppies, but I keep hearing people talk about it, so I guess I will check it out.