Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Beautiful skin through oils?

We all want beautiful skin, so when I saw Clean Energy by Origins I was intrigues. It promises that the vitamin E in the cleanser will help your skin to retain moisture while the olive and sunflower oils help to gently remove dirt. The product is literally a bottle of oils, aside from the aforementioned oils the ingredient list continues on with macadamia oil, fruit oil and even some oils I had never heard of. When you wash your face the oil turn into what looks like milk. I think this cleanser made me break out, I don’t think I need any more oil on my combination skin.
Maybe this product would work well for someone with dry skin.
For $18.50 you can get a 6.7oz bottle.
If you have used an oil based cleanser how did it work for you? What type of skin do you have (normal, dry, combination)?


Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I've never used an oil-based cleanser, but as dry as I am, I should! Thanks for this post, I've heard great things about Origins!!

MakeupByRenRen said...

i get really dry skin in the winter...but now it's doing alright...i'll have to save this for when it gets cold!

justme said...

i have tried olive oil but only twice with no problems, as well as the dhc cleanser. i have oily skin so no matter how people say it works, i am always skeptical! i have a video on mac cleanse off oil and its OK

Therapeutic Musings said...

I used to do oil washes, of course it was a mixture I made up myself, and it worked for a while. I think it was around when summer hit that my skin started to rebel against me and decide it didn't like oil washes anymore. I have oily/acne prone skin, but in the spring the oil didn't irritate my face at all! I actually had some "good skin" days when I was doing the oil washes.

B said...

I've used an oil based cleanser but I sure need to. I have extremely dry skin in the Fall/Winter months.

antithesis said...

that just seems counter-intuitive to me. im sure there are benefits but the costs outweigh them because im sure the oils will clog my pores.

Cami said...

you know...
i use a mixture of hella ripe avocado + mayo on my face.

i leave it on for 10-15 minutes.
it's oily as HELL

but it causes the dirt to just... roll off my face in little balls.

i actually really love it -- and i have very oily skin.

i can see what they were going for with that product.. but i guess they just didn't quite get there.

great blog, lady.


Product Junkie Diva said...

@Everyone thanks so much for your comments and your personal oil based skin care experience.
@cami welcome and thanks so much for your comment. I would totally try your solution if only I could stomach the scent of mayo.....yikes not for me..lol
thanks everyone.

Carole said...

What's a nice post about oils for beautiful skin. Welcome to my blog titled almost like your post:
Beautiful Skin Blog