Wednesday, April 15, 2009

New Hair stuff and On the tube

This is a picture of some of my new Karen's Body Beautiful items. I already blogged about the deep conditioner which I LOVE, but this time I tried out new scents- Vanilla Latte and Coconut Lime. I really like both scents so I am pleased with this order. As my free gift I received a juicy hair bar, which I also tried before and really liked.
(sorry about the quality but the pics are from my cell)
A new KBB item for me is the Hair Butter, not to be confused with the hair Cream. Now to me, the consistency is pretty close to a thick pomade-like hair dressing. The difference to me is that the cream seems to melt more into an oil while the hair butter is more waxy.
Here is the ingredients list for the hair butter:
Shea Butter, Cocoa Butter, Mango Butter, Jojoba Butter, Aloe Butter, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils, Grapefruit Seed Oil & Vitamin E and it's 99.4% natural.
Now check out the ingredients for the hair cream:
Shea Butter, Rosehip Oil, Vegetable Glycerin, Carrot Seed Oil, Essential and/or Fragrance Oils & Vitamin E and it is also 99.4% natural.
So you see that the hair cream has more oils in it while the hair butter is a butter based product so it's slightly thicker and it mainly consists of butters. Even through the cream only has one butter in it, it is the first ingredient so there is more of that in the product that anything else so it is almost as thick as the hair butter.
I like this $16.00 product especially for the winter months.
It gives great shine and you can only use a little because too much will leave your hair a greasy mess.
Housewives of NY
Catty catty catty..lol
Ramona is a person who stores up her resentment and then waits for the next availabe moment to unleash her wrath. Her wrath usually comes in the form of a passing comment that has a lasting sting. For those of you who missed it or if you just don't care allow me to recap for you...lol
Ramona is trying to create a brand for herself, just like Martha stewart has a set of towels and dishes etc. Ramona is trying to create products for the masses. The problem which Bethany pointed out is that if you are trying to create a company that people turn to for skin care items or jewelry that's great but using two different NAMES with different logos may not be the best business move. BEthany pointed this out and without missing a beat Ramona (in front of others) decides to tell Bethany that Jill (another housewife) is friends with Bethany because Bethany is struggling (she doesn't appear to have as much money as the other housewives) and she is the "underdog". Ummmm ok Ramona please learn to take constructive criticism like a business woman and leave the catty behavior behind.
And the former model on that show who is friends with Russel Simmons likes to jog. There is nothing wrong with exercise but she likes to jog in NYC traffic and she was literally in the street in the city jogging in front of a yellow cab. She then said she likes to exercise in the "traffic trenches". HUH? Can you said " I love attention everyone please look at me" any louder Kelly? (At least I think her name is Kelly).
College Hill
Brandon bounces his basketball in the house while his roommates are sleeping. They decided to return the favor and make noise while he tried to sleep and he was LIVID. Don't people have some nerve? Next he vomited after drinking too much and left it all on the floor and went to bed, then had an attitude when asked to clean it up. HUH?
Did you catch either show?
What are you watching on the tube these days?

7 comments:

Amina said...

I love the hair butter. Vanilla latte is one of my favorite fragrances. I usually use the hair butter in the winter and it also makes a great body butter!

laughing808 said...

I watched College Hill last night and was in tears from laughing at Kyle and his "extra" attitude.

Yeah, Brandon needs to be checked. I can't believe they haven't called a house meeting to establish some rules or codes of conduct.

And I can wait to see how Kyle and the new roommate get along, something tells me it will definitely be interesting.

BeverlyD Hair Party said...

Exposure to sun and other harmful chemicals may cause hair and skin damage. It is best to use a product that is 100% organic for it can penetrate to the follicle to balance, correct and restore your hair and skin's youth and vitality.

I'd like to recommend "Appreciation" Pre-Shampoo Treatment, it contains pure jojoba oil that comes from a bean grown in Mexico.

B said...

Honestly....you are really going to make me splurge on some KBB products. I'm going to have to wait until I run out of everything and then I'm on it!

Devan said...

Hey Guys! I know this is a beauty "junkie" website! and i know this comment isnt about hair, but its about hydration! And I found a really great skin care line called RIVERSOL, created by a dermotigest to the stars, dr.rivers, in vancouver bc. Its so great! Really good for keeping your skin supple and super hyrdrated! Go check it out! I really love it!!

Devan Newman

www.riversol.com

yummy411 said...

thanks for those tube updates. i didn't catch those episodes.. hilar!!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Amina yes the latte is nice and I like the coco lime too.
Laughing Kyle is EXTRA what is wrong with that fellow..lol
Brandon is spoiled.
B yous hould check out at least one product :-)
Yummy no prob a tall.
Devon thanks
PJD