Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Stiletto Lashes


I'm a gal who loves a great stiletto so when Maybelline introduced their Stiletto mascara I knew I had to try it. Yes, this product will go down on my must have drugstore brand mascara. After applying one coat of the stiletto mascara my lashes were longer AND separated. I experienced zero clumping which is huge in my book. It applies effortlessly and I love my look. I purchased the color very black and my lashes look darker but still natural. Maybe that sounds weird but what I mean is it took very little mascara to make a dramatic look for my lashes. Sometime I see ladies and you can see their mascara a mile away because they had to pile on so much just to make their lashes pop. However this particular mascara will make your lashes pop without causing you to use half the tube.
And it also made by bottom row of lashes look pretty nice too. I didn't apply it to my bottom lashes in the pictures you see here.
The eye on the left is pre mascara and the one on the right features the Maybelline mascara.
I would certainly buy this $8.99 mascara again.
How do you ladies like this mascara?

14 comments:

The Frugalista Files said...

I like the mascara, but I'm L'oreal obsessed. Not sure if I'm ready to cheat, yet.

Mrs Count said...

I've been checking thinking about getting this, but I was hesitant because the last hyped up mascara (meaning I was dazzled by commercials) I bought made my eyes itch like none other and it didn't even look good! Perhaps when I go to the store tonight I'll toss this in the cart.

B said...

Loved it!

beautylogicblog said...

that is my favorite drug store mascara hands down. I love it.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Wow, I need to try this one. One of my friends told me that I'd love it. Now I just got confirmation! Thanks!

Diva Style said...

I tried this before...I didn't like it.

Anonymous said...

I bought it and I was not impressed with the lenght of my lashes after I used it. There was no WOW factor and the strong smell was a turn off.

justme said...

i bought it but i havent tried it. it looks like it works wonderfully. i am one of those women that loves loads of mascara though LOL

okay said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
okay said...

I bought this and I like it. It gets the job done. I bought it at wal-mart for maybe $5.99? when it first came out. I must have just assumed they were all black, the actual mascara seems gray-like. Hmmm. so next time I'll check for colors. Other than that, I like it. I use Great Lashes, so I figured this had to be good. Thanks for reviewing this!

Rinny Riot said...

i tried it out and posted a few photos on my blog as well. The only problem I have with it is the lack of thickness. I definitely didn't get the same faux-lashes thickness as the commercial but length was great!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Frugalista oh which Loreal mascaa?
TM If you try it please let me know how it works for you. Itchy eyes is no fun, which brand was that?
B I like it too.
DE Maybeline hasdone a good job with this one.
BGG great I hope you like it.
Diva Style awww sorry to hear that. Which mascara do you like?
Anonymous you and diva style had a similar style.
Just me you are a PJ for real with products that you haven't tried yet just sitting aroung in your collection....lol
Whit yes they have a few colors something like black, soft black brown etc. I dont remember all but I saw a few. I like that 5.99 price.
RR Now I know that commercials certainly exaggerate..lol I am convinced the woman is wearing false lashes but it works well enough for me.
PJD

Shelly- Mom Files said...

I wondered about this product. Good to know of an actual real person trying it and liking it. I will give it a shot!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Sheliza please let me know what you think
PJD