Friday, April 17, 2009

Thick Wand and a reminder

Recently I tried the Bad Gal mascara by Benefit because I am a beauty insider with Sephora. I think this wand is the thickest one that I have used with a mascara. Also the material on the wand is more like the bristles of a brush as opposed to the plastic wands that I had become so accustomed to. It felt like this wand wasnt able to grab my individual lashes. It was as if the wand was just brushing and coating the lashes but not separating them and extending them.despite the way it felt going on, this $19 mascara did extend my lashes and they looked pretty good. The pic on the left is the before pic while the right side features my "after" look.
I should also note that I experienced no flaking, clumping or any of that other messy stuff that goes on with bad mascaras. The biggest negative for me if that I had to double dip. Usually when I apply mascaras I pull the wand out and apply once then I'm done. With this mascara I had to dip the wand back in the tube to gather more of the mascara for my final application. I dipped a total of two times- perhaps that's normal for more people, if so then forget about that comment. What type of wand do you prefer?
Sorry about the quality of pics this week, I had to use my cell phone this week..lol

Reminder

Please don't forget that American Violet is in theaters today.

5 comments:

B said...

I have yet to try this mascara but I hear nothing but good things about it. I'm not good with chunky wands so we'll see how that goes.

Have a great weekend!

Mrs Count said...

I normally dip twice and I prefer thin wands because I am verrryyy clumsy. I seem to be able to manage small wands better and avoid getting mascara all over my face.

I just told my mama about the movie. She's going to go see it in the morning :)

Anonymous said...

thanks so much fro the reminder about american violet. i heard about it a while ago but didn't know when it was coming out.

JENSMAKEUPBAG said...

i've heard good and bad about this mascara. but i have to say i love big fat wands like that. they really get into my stick straight lashes. thanks for this!

Product Junkie Diva said...

B can't wait to see your review when you try it.
TM I ususally like thin wands too. Did your mom like the movie?
Emeritus no problem
Jen ok so you are for that fat wands...cool I usually have thin ones but I can't like the big wands have made my lashes look NICE!
thanks for reading all.
PJD