Wednesday, February 4, 2009

A Healthy Pause

I decided to take a break from the normal beauty post today to discuss a health related issue. One thing that I left off of my "Best of 2008 list" is WATER. Water is the best liquid that you can take into your system and when you drink it regularly it shows. During the Spring/ Summer of 08 there were some months where I drank nothing but water and my skin was glowing. Even after I began indulging in drinks laden with sugar, fructose corn syrup and other sweeteners the water intake from the prior weeks seemed to ward off the acne mutiny that would normally ensue. So I am now on a mission to drink as much water as possible, at least 8 - 8oz glasses a day. At the end of each week (at least for the month of February) I will state at the end of my post whether or not I met my goal for the week. It will not be as detailed as JustMe's weekly wrap up rather a simple note at the end of my post.This will help me to jump start my water regimen.
Is anyone with me??????
Also I think I want the wii so I can use the wii fit game. Is anyone using that? Ok I need to stop being lazy and just head on my treadmill or the air climber I posted about way back when.

5 comments:

B said...

Water is my drug! I can't stop drinking it. It is greeeat. I don't even drink sodas, coffees or juices. I order water everywhere I go. Yum!

Sooo, yes please get the Wii Fit in your life. I think you will find success with it. I don't use it in lieu of working out though. I still do 30 minutes of cardio and 20 of weight training/stretching every day. I use the Fit to see where I am with weight and for yoga. On the weekends when I give my body a break, the Wii Fit is perfect at keeping me moving so I feel like I've done "something". It is a great investment. I received mine as a gift and I'm glad b/c I'm too cheap to spend the money on it. HA!!

Mrs Count said...

I'm with you PJD! I have an air climber and I do the treadmill when I make it to the gym. I just went and refilled my water cup too :)

Product Junkie Diva said...

B you are already there...you go girl!
TM the air climber is actually a really neat product, I just need to hop back on it.
PJD

Phyllis Bourne said...

Like B, I order water everywhere I go. I do drink coffee, but no juices and only an occasional diet Coke.

I have an elliptical and a recumbent bike, but I'm eyeing a Wii so I can do the Wii Fit workouts.

Let us know if you get one!

Product Junkie Diva said...

PBW If I get that wii I will certainly let you know.
It's great that you are drinking so much water.
PJD