Friday, February 13, 2009

A mask for your.......

Hey did you think I would leave you without a product review????...NEVER :-)
I have heard of facial masks and hair masks, but when my sister presented me with a mask for my lips I was taken aback.

Mary Kay has produced a lip mask which is designed to reveal softer more supple lips after it has dried on your lips for a minute or two. The Satin Lip Mask has little exfoliating beads that should buff away dead skin.
Unfortunately, this is $9.50 of wasted money because it dries, you wipe it off and nothing much has happened. The beads really serve no purpose in my opinion because they are not powerful enough to buff anything off of your lips.
This product is a huge "SKIP IT". I think it was a good attempt but Mary Kay will have to go back to the drawing board on this one.

Have a great weekend everyone.

6 comments:

B said...

I remember my Mom having this when I was a little girl and I liked it then. I haven't used it in awhiiiile. I exfoilate my lips with the exfoilator I used or my toothbrush.

Amina said...

i've tried it in the past too and it hurted more than help.
yes exfoliating with an old toothbrush works just as fine

JENSMAKEUPBAG said...

i actually tried this at a pampering party and it worked beautifully. i tried it at home and it didn't! i like the balm though. great post!

if you have time check out my blog. love yours! thanks for keeping up with all the latest makeup endevours!

Anonymous said...

I have been wanting to try this for a long time. Guess I will stick with vaseline and a toothbrush.

Product Junkie Diva said...

B when my exfoliating lip product from smashbox is gone, I will use sugars and oils.....
Amina Yes the toothbrish works well too.
Jensmakeupbag I checked out your blog...love it!!!!!
Tanisha also you can mix sugar with a few drops of oil and rub it across your lips.
PJD

Caramel Sara Jo said...

I have that. My friend started selling MK so I had to buy something. I think a toothbrush works better so I haven't used it. Of course, you can't tell her that.