Sunday, March 2, 2008

Remember to take your vitamins

If you take a multivitamin you may notice that a percentage of that tablet is devoted to biotin. Biotin is otherwise known as vitamin B7 or vitamin H, it is a part of the B-complex family. It is also instrumental in promoting the health of sweat glands, nerve tissue, hair and nails. Biotin is often found in hair products that are designed to promote growth and combat thinning hair. I do not have thinning hair but any product that can promote hair growth is worth a try. I looked for products that contain biotin and I finally came across the Nexxus Vitatress Biotin Scalp Creme.
This product claims to promote healthy hair growth and to restore thinning hair. You are supposed to use this product twice a day everyday to actually see results. I used this product in one area just to test the product, I was a bit skeptical at first and I feared it would make all of my hair fall out so I kept it contained in a small area of my head.
As you rub the product on your scalp you will have to do a pretty good job of rubbing it in otherwise it will dry on your hair and flake. Once applied to your scalp you will experience a cool tingly feeling which is probably caused by the menthol.
I am sorry to say that my final result is somewhat inconclusive because I want to continue testing this product. I feel like my new growth was stronger, much firmer than usual, the new growth was really pronounced. Did I get more new growth that usual? I think so but I did not take measurements so I can't be sure. Even if I did receive more new growth than usual it was not so much more new growth that it was obvious. I should also note that I used this product for only 3 weeks. Currently I am not using the product because I want to keep in my mind the type to growth that I get without the product, then I will begin using the product again after my next touch up.
The Nexxus biotin creme can be found at your local beauty supply store for $12.99
If you have tried this product please let me know about your experience.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey PD,

So glad that you posted this! I'm really curious to hear how this product works for you. Hair growth just takes us sistah's a while longer and I really think biotin based products are promising. I enjoy using Jason's biotin shampoo and conditioner.

Anonymous said...

Hey PJD

So glad that you posted this! I'm really curious to hear how this product works for you. Hair growth just takes us sistah's a while longer and I really think biotin based products are promising. I enjoy using Jason's biotin shampoo and conditioner.

sorry about first post! --Bellefille84

Anonymous said...

Hey Bellefille84,
I will do an update to this post to let you know if I see any significant growth from this product.
I have looked at the Jason brand biotin products but I didn't test it out yet.
Thanks for reading
Product Junkie Diva