Friday, March 7, 2008

Stinky perfection

So you already know that I am officially a Wen girl right???? I love this stuff, so I purchased the trio set for thick and coarse hair from QVC. I received the Lavender, Tea Tree, and Fig cleansing conditioners. I love the way my hair feels after using these products, but the scents just don't do it for me. Would it be so difficult for the maker of this product to develop a version that actually smells sweet? ( I have yet to try the sweet almond mint but that is next on my list)
While many women enjoy shopping for perfumes or receiving it as gifts I cringe because they all seem too strong for me. It is as if I can smell the alcohol in the perfumes and it makes me gag. With that said, the Lavender cleansing conditioner almost made me pass out when I screwed off the pump --it is strong! However my hair looked amazing and after your hair dries you really can't smell the scent anymore. I never thought the day would come when the scent of fig would be my favorite because I almost vomited when I smelled the vanilla and fig body wash from bath and body works.
Though I have not given up on Phyto and my other hair babies like Ojon, Wen is definitely a winner in my book. The scent may be repulsive but my hair looks perfect so I have achieved stinky hair perfection.
Oh and I have been using Wen on my dry ends before rolling my hair and ladies all I have to say is please try to find a split end on my head...you will be searching for hours.
Wen rocks!!!!!
Happy sulfate free cleansing

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey PJD,

I am really curious to try this product since you truly adore it but you know I dislike the strong smelling things. I stretched my perm out for 11 weeks I had lots of thick new growth! It was a birds nest but I'm so happy I got it relaxed it feels so good.

Bellefille84

Anonymous said...

I am giving you a standing ovation for your 11 week stretch…nice job Bellefille84. I do agree that a fresh perm can feel great but I also really enjoy the texture of my natural unprocessed hair.
Happy hair care!
Product Junkie Diva

Unknown said...

Hmmm, I wanna try this now.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Songbird, You should give it a shot. You may wany to try the kit from the official Chaz Dean website because you will get other products and a bottle of Wen all for 29.95.
Product Junkie Diva