Thursday, January 29, 2009

It's not deodorant

Today I present to you another treat from Oyin Handmade- The Body Bar. It looks like a bar of deoderant but it is really a tube of body lotion. I purchased the $12.00 Coco Mango body bar which has a sweet tropical scent. I think this all natural product is pretty cute and fun to use but all in all it seems like cocoa butter stuffed in a deodorant tube. This does not mean I don't like it, I do, I'm just not sure if this is something I would go out of my way to purchase again. The body bar is really soft and melts almost on contact. In the end, I suppose I could mix my own butters and add the appropriate fragrances to get a similar product.
Some of the key ingredients include mango and cocoa butter, vitamin e, coconut and avocado oils.

Have you tried this product? If so, what are your thoughts?


Amina said...

i looove coco mango especially in the summer and as face oil.
I know what you mean about making something similar.

I also used the belly bar and didn't see any results. I almost ate the candy bar. It smells soo good!!

B said...

I was tempted to buy these at one point for my traveling case. They would be create for summer vacays b/c they smell so good and are portable. Except I do think they would melt. What do you think?

PBW said...

I don't have it, but just the idea of a coco mango scent MAKES ME WANT IT!!!

Also, B's right. It would be great for traveling.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I've never tried this product, but I immediately thought it was deodorant! I love that it's a body lotion in a stick form. I'd love to try it. Thanks for sharing!

MakeupByRenRen said...

such an intersting concept...not sure i would use it regularly though

Product Junkie Diva said...

Amina Coco mango does have a nice scent.
B You're right these would be nice for traveling.
PBW yes the scent is on the money!
BGG no problem.
Ren I hear ya, I guess we are used to our traditional lotion application methods. ;-)