Tuesday, January 6, 2009

No Jacques in sight & Essence Magazine

Last week I told you that I just needed to have that OPI polish that Michelle Willaims was wearing for Essence magazine. Many of you identified the color as You Don’t Know Jacques from the OPI French collection. So I knew that I would go right to my main nail polish spot. If there is a new OPI color, this guy has is but he DIDN'T have "You don’t know Jacques". He told me he hasn’t been able to get his hands on it, so the little "You don't know Jacques section was all labeled but completely empty. My heart sank as i pounded the pavement in search of other stores that sell OPI but to no avail. Then I went to this new Duane Read that opened and they had Brucci nail polish on sale for .74 (select shades only). I found a taupe color named Taupe Matters (picutred on right) and that was as close as I got to the color in the picture. I also purchased the brucci color Christopher Street (pictured below) this polish is nothing like the OPI color, I have no idea what I was thinking.
Then I decided to go to Sephora to check out the Sephora OPI nail polish and I got Metro Chic. This poslish cost $9.00. I thought it was a match for You don't know Jaques but once I put the pictures up side by side I see they don't look alike at all..lol I guess I still need jaques even though it seems to be sold out in every store. I will have to buy it online I guess.

Essence

The Essence online website came up with two series that I absolutely love. The first is called 30 Dates in 30 days which they have not done since season one and the other is Will You Marry Me. Yesterday the third installment of Will You Marry Me was uploaded on the Essence website. You watch all of the proposals and vote for the couple that you want to win the dream honeymoon. I always watch each video carefully and then think long and hard before casting my vote. I don't know why I take this so seriously firstly,you can technically vote as many times as you want and secondly, I don’t even know these people. lol Anyway if you watched who did you vote for? I still didn't vote- I'm still deliberating ..lol

Happy Tuesday

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

I bought this color last week at Trade Secret. I got a ton of compliments on it.

Anonymous said...

I searched hi and low for this polish. I ended up ordering mine online from Lotus Nail Supply for $5.45! What a score! Check it out.

MakeupByRenRen said...

ohhh i like that color, it's too chic!

Anonymous said...

They have the polish at Ricky's if you are in NYC

B said...

Happy New Year! I'm back! Yeah, I def think that Michelle is wearing OPI's YDKJ. I purchased this color online when it first came out and think it looks awful on me. I like...hate it a lot and I'm a polish fanatic. I just can't pull it off and don't know why. *tears* You are rockin' Metro Chic beautifully though, sis. Get it!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for finding out the name. I need to start wearing winter colors, even though it's 80 degrees in Miami. :)

Product Junkie Diva said...

Anonymouse - what is Trade Secret?
Kim thanks I will for sure.
Ren- I agree
Tisheenyu I am in NYC where is Ricky's? Does Ricky have many locations?
B did you do a post on ydkj? I don't recall seeing it on oyu. I'm sure it looks greatttttt.
LOL Frugalista no prob. Look at you enjoying all of that warmth....
PJD

Anonymous said...

Yes I watched them all I voted multiple times for Tamica and Edmond. They met at the Essence Music Festival and she moved from Atlanta to Chicago to be with him. Seem like destiny.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Fieldjsnell I feel sorry for the couple from the butterfly exhibit because they have very few votes...awwwww
PJD

Anonymous said...

Hey PJD, let me know if you still want this color. I'm in my local Cosmo Prof store and they have 2 bottles. Email me: jewellsavenue@yahoo.com if you want me to get you one.

Product Junkie Diva said...

You are too kind Jewells. Thanks for the offer. I emailed you too.
PJD

Lysandra said...

Oooh! That color looks divine. I likey:) Opi makes some of the best colors out there.

I used to be such a fiend for nail polish. Revlon's Vixen is STILL one of my all time favorites.

Now I must seek out this new one.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Sandy i really like it too.
Thanks for mentioning the revlon product.
PJD