Monday, January 26, 2009

My new problem

Recently I blogged about the new $360 Givenchy moisturizer, which includes special ingredients. Theraputic Musings promised to hunt me down and kick me in my shins if I spent that much money for a moisturizer..lol. So while I didn't purchase the product, I did get a free deluxe sample and I now face a dilemma. I really like this moisturzer....lol. What's a gal to do? Do I really want to consistently spend $360 on a moisturizer? I'm still thinking this through.....On to the review..... The moisturizer is more like a light black color and it almost shimmers like it has glitter in it but it does not have actual glitter. The product feels so silky, it just glides on my skin. It almost feels like gel. Of course I have not been using this product over a long period of time and I don't have wrinkles so I can't say that it works in that regard. However it leaves my skin feeling moisturized even in this COLD NYC weather. It almost gives my face a little glow and that alone makes me happy.I wish you could all try this product out to see what I mean. Hopefully you will find a sephora near you which carries the Givenchy skincare line.Getting this once isn't an issue but I am thinking of long term financial issues if I tie myself up with such an expensive moisturizer.For now, I will just try to get my hands on as many samples as possible until I can determine what I really want to do.

13 comments:

antithesis said...

im very happy you finally got that sample. i REALLY dont want you making a habit of droppin $300 tho...

Mrs Count said...

You can do what you want with your money, but I will still find you, and I will kick you. Perhaps you should steal the sample bag, I'll bail you out of jail if you get caught!

Anonymous said...

PJD, no. Unless you have a career as an actress or model, no. I think Bentleys ride better than Hondas, but that doesn't mean a Honda isn't a fine car.

Yours truly,
Frugalista

MakeupByRenRen said...

i agree with your plan get as many samples as possible but don't shell out the dough...it's going to heat up in a few months and then you can go back to something normal

B said...

Girl, I told you not to sample it!! LOL...now you like it. That was my issue and that's why I don't even want to see a sample.

Please do not spend that much money on a beauty product. It just ain't....and will never BE that serious, sista. I'm just sayin'...

Jmilz86 said...

OMG please dont make me splurge! I am glad you were able to find a sample

Phyllis Bourne said...

Don't do it! At least not now.

Save it for a few years, when you'll really need a $300 cream and have to spend a lot more to look good.

LOL! Trust me. A LOT MORE!!!!

Just_Wondering said...

You know how I feel about this. lol I don't even need to leave a comment

Product Junkie Diva said...

Antithesis you are so right.
TM LOL your comments always have me cracking up.
Frugalista LOL you are right.....
Ren I like the comment about the weather. By the time the summer rolls around it really won't matter what I have on my face and I don't want to sweat off a $360 product.
B you did warn me ..lol I was totally thinking of your comment when i tried it for the first time.
Jmilz please sample it first please and see if you like it.
PBW great point..lol thanks
Just W yes I know your stand..lol
thanks everyone!!!!

Anonymous said...

Woman are you mad? Don't do it unless you have Oprah money. LOL! Heck, sunblock (yes, simple sunblock) has just as much moisture and "glow" as some of the expensive stuff. Get you some sunblock. :)

Tami said...

Don't get sucked in. I purchased LaMer very cheap and then when it was gone I felt like a crack addict. I had to have it. I bought it once or twice then I decided I was insane. I still miss it but I don't have that money. Don't get sarted, just enjoy the samples!

justme said...

ok you like it, but do your LOVE it? is it the BEST moisturizer that you have eve tried? you have tried a LOT of products and I would be honest with you, if out of all the things you have ever tried, if YOU can afford it and it is AMAZING, i think you should get it. I WOULD and I WISH I could try it out. there was a sephora here, and i went into it, it was SO WACK. If I found 3-4 staple products that worked well for me, I would buy em and stick with em.I got a sample of some la mer creme cleanser and I am going to find one more larger sample, if it works, I am buying it and may try more stuff for the line. you can keep spending upwards of 100+ dollars a month on a lot of other products or invest in staples that will nurture you and do what they are supposed to do. I have done that with my hair, I havent found my skin holy grails yet though. some people dont believe in designer bags and shoes but does that mean that if you like those things and you can afford them, that you should feel guilty about buying them? just please if you love it and buy it, stick with it, dont keep going PJD on your facial moisturizer LOL :)

Product Junkie Diva said...

Juve--sunblock you say..ok ..lol I may give that a whirl.
Tami Thanks for the personal experience
Just me..lol you had me beacking up with that don't go PJD on moisturizers..lol. Yes that would be a big problem if I am still jumping all around. i think I am leaning towards getting it again. I went to sephora over the weekend ( i only found one in NY at this time that is selling it) because I wanted to see how big the actual jar is. Well i can say that its pretty much a big glass jar , mainly glass..lol but they say the product should last for months...
thanks everyone for your expressions.
PJD