Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Skin stuff & Off topic

The 1.7 oz , $33.00 Skin Perfecting Lotion by Murad is specifically for belmish prone or oily skin. I have combination kin which means that I have both oily and dry areas. One thing I can say about this product is that it doesn't leave my skin looking oily, but it gives me almot a matte finish. While this may be ok for some people, I actually like my skin to have a little glow to it, so the matte look isn't very appealing. I get a natural glow when I drink plenty of water but I have not been doing well in that department. Anywho back to the topic at hand.....
I do like the minty cool feeling that I get when I first apply this lotion, it reminds me of the cool feeling I get when I chew spearmint gum. I wouldn't but this moisturizer again only because momma needs her facial glow but other than that, this is a pretty good light weight hydrating moisturizer.
Off topic
Movies
Will anyone see that new Morris Chestnut movie? I still may see Bejamin Buttons since I am hearing only good things about that movie. Finally Keisha Knight Pulliam (Rudy from the Cosby show) will get a leading role in the new Tyler Perry movie. Why isn't Tatyana Ali (Ashley from the Fresh Prince show) working anymore? I only see her on red carpet now......
TO Speak or not to Speak
You can not stand your friend's significant other.....do you speak up or keep your lips sealed? You just have a negative vibe about the person but nothing has really happened to make you dislike the person. Do you just put it out there that you don't care for the person or just stuff a bunch of twix bars in your mouth when your frirend asks for an opinion.
I know someone who first introduced her boyfriend to me and I didn't like him. I was with the guy for all of an hour but he annoyed me, even though technically he did nothing. Maybe he just wasnt affectionate enough with her...I dunno but something just made me cringe. BIG problems surfaced later and she knew she had to get rid of him but I wonder if speaking up would have just caused a rift between us or if it could have saved her some heartache........
What do you think? Would you tell?

10 comments:

Amina said...

hey :)
to answer your question, i'll keep my mouth shut. People can be so sensitive when they're in love. I might tell her my feeling and never mention it again. I value the friendship more!!
A friend has been going out with a loser for 7 years, he keeps cheating on her and i told her what i thought and she knows how i feel, so we talk about something...

Anonymous said...

Never tell your friend about her man. It's the best way to end up not being friends.

Happy New Year!

Just_Wondering said...

I would never say anything to a friends but I'd definately speak up if it were my sister lol I think that everyone is entitled to like whoever they want. but if the person was physically or verbally abusive I would speak up asap.

Mrs Count said...

Murad: man that stuff made me look like a ghost, lol.
Movies: I think I will go see it with my mommy
Men: If she asks I will tell her. If she does not ask I will not tell her. I won't be rude about it but I'll tell her my concerns and also let her know I respect her decision to keep dating him if she so chooses. I've done it in the past with friends and my sister and there has never been a problem when I ONLY speak when asked!

laughing808 said...

I sure will RUN to the theater to see Morris Chestnut's new movie. Aint no question about that.

I'll wait for the dvd of Bejamin Button, although I am a fan of Taraji.

Tatyana Ali does some entertainment show on TV One I think. So she is employed.

And I'd try to be cordial to friends' significant other.

laughing808 said...

oh, seems I didn't answer the last question correctly......I'd more than likely allow my friend the space to see her significant other for his true colors.......but if said friend were to ask, well I don't think I'd mince my words.

MakeupByRenRen said...

my bestie had a boyfriend and we didnt get along at all, he was such a loser...i was vocal about it in all the wrong ways...it ended up hurting our relationship for years...i think it's definitely a sensitive topic that you have to approach delicately

Product Junkie Diva said...

Thank you all for your great advice and personal experiences.
Hey Frugalista....
Amina you are right people can be sensitive and it's not like I ahve something specific to point out...lol
Ren I'm glad you two patched things up though.
Laughing, thanks for keeping me in the celebrity gossip loop..lol
PJD

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, it depends on how close I am with the friend & how much I have to tolerate her significant other. But in most cases I'd probably keep my mouth shut too, to say 'I told you so" to a friend would probably make them feel worst & then she might resent you 4 it later. That kinda happened to me & a friend who I no longer talk with lol, she let her bf get in the way of our friendship & at one point we were bffs. When I think back about it now cuz its been a few years now, its sad but I guess that's life. I told her how I felt & she got really mad & defensive with me & after that our friendship was never really the same & we evtunally stopped talking all together. O well, I'm over it now but it just goes to show you how once you go & tell a friend how u feel about their bf they look @ u different & say your jealous b/c ur single and/or not happy & you go on about you don't understand. Funny how things turn out & ppl who thought you'd b friends with 4ever end up being ppl only in your life 4 a season.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Wow that's crazy Lauren. i am sorry you had to experience especially with someone you considered to be a bff. I wonder if she isstill with him. Thanks for sharing.
PJD