Friday, February 8, 2008

Keys to great skin


This week I got an in person look at a beardless AJ Calloway (formerly of 106 and Park) as he covered the pandemonium that was the NYC parade for the Giants. In an unrelated sighting this week, April Wilkner of America's Next Top Model Season 2, graced the streets of NYC and I must say they both have flawless skin! It is as if they have never had a blemish in all of their lives. As beautiful as their skin is I don't know anyone whose skin can rival the clarity and smoothness exemplified in the skin of former Apprentice contestant Stacy J. I was honestly amazed when I saw her beautiful skin -not a pore in sight! Skin perfection...so how do you get that type of skin?
Here is what I do on my quest to flawless skin.....
1)Experts recommend that you drink at least 8 glasses of water daily. (it really should be more in my opinion)
2)Cleanse your skin both night and day to keep your skin clean and to reduce the amount of buildup in your pores.
3)Use a toner (I can't use a toner daily so I use it at least 2-3 times a week)
4) Exfoliate weekly ( I use a very gentle exfoliating cleanser from Rx for Brown skin, which I mentioned in a previous post)
5) Moisturize (use a light moisturizer that wont clog your pores and it should contain ingredients that wont dry out your skin....)
6) Get plenty of rest at least 7-8 hours each day, this will allow your natural cell renewal process to take place (I'm still working on this one..must get more ZZzzzzs)
How do you make your skin glow?

No comments: