Friday, February 29, 2008

Long Lasting...I think not!

It is pretty ironic that this week ABC featured "A Raisin In the Sun" because that is the exact verbiage that I would use to describe my lips after using Laura Geller's Lip Stain -lip stay.
This lip product is contained in a double sided tube, one side features the long lasting lip color and the other side holds the lip gloss. The lip color, much like other " long lasting" lip colors, must dry on your lips before you can apply the gloss. During that period it really felt like a suction cup was on my lips attempting to suck out the last drip drop of moisture. Once you feel like your lips are about to crack, that means you are ready for the gloss. The gloss was like clear shiny molasses that had to be slathered over my sun dried lips. Can you tell that I couldn't decide which side of the tube I hated most? Now after this torturous lip drying experience I took a few swigs of water only to find that my "long lasting" lip color had practically disappeared. You already know where I'm going with this "SKIP IT".
If you want to share my experience, you will pay $13 per tube.
Have you found a really great long lasting lip color?

No comments: