Thursday, February 28, 2008

Nurturing your scalp

I may talk about hair frequently but I do not want to neglect the scalp in our hair discussions. One way that I like to nurture my scalp is by treating it with a mixture of pure oils to make the scalp supple and to decrease the likelihood of having a dry scalp. Phyto has developed a pre shampoo which is made especially for your scalp. Before you wash your hair you can part it into sections and liberally apply the Phytonectar Pre-Shampoo Ultra Nourishing Oil Treatment - Ultra Dry Hair. This preshampoo contains egg ovum and natural oils to really nourish the scalp. You can also apply this preshampoo to your hair. After leaving this product on for roughly 15 minutes you can rinse it out and continue with your hair regimen.
Phyto has stated that this product is ideal for combating the effect that UV rays can have on our hair. Phyto also states that after massaging this oil on your scalp the product will begin to foam, but in reality only a few tiny bubbles may appear. This product is designed for ultra dry hair and it is supposed to make your hair shiny but I can honestly report a lack of shine. I would not purchase this product again because I can mix my oils myself so this is an unnecessary product in my book. However if you do not want to purchase various oils and create your own mixture then certainly give it a try to promote a healthy clean scalp- just don't expect shiny hair.
This pre-shampoo will cost you $30 for a 1.7 oz bottle.
Happy Pre-pooing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I might need this.

Anonymous said...

Hey B more
There may be a cheaper alternative for you if you are interested... feel free to email me at product_junkie_queen@yahoo.com
thanks for reading!
Product Junkie Diva