Monday, July 7, 2008

Impersonating a Scrub

I went to Target last week and I looked at a scrub from a company I had never heard of before, Amazon Forest. The pictures of fruit on their products also caught my attention. The Mango & Babassu body scrub includes mango butter and babassu oil and a natural exfoliant. To make a long story short I hate this 9.99 scrub because it is really a tub of lotion impersonating a scrub. It feels loose and runny like some of those cheap lotions, the exfoliating seeds don't exfoliate at all. It is like trying to exfoliate your body with tapioca pudding, just won't work. This was a really bad product, maybe the body washes are good but I didn't purchase any of those. Oh and the kicker you ask? As I was looking though the ingredients list, yes after I purchased it..lol I saw parabens. This is a loser scrub if I have ever seen one, please SKIP IT.
Has anyone tried other product from this line? If you watch the video below yes that is the sound of the ice cream truck in the background- I was by the window..lol.
**Correction- the name of the company is Boots and I guess amazon forest is the name of this particular line. - thanks Afrobella


15 comments:

beautylogicblog said...

I've seen these products advertised but have never tried them. Thanks to your review, I'll never try them!

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

i've never heard of them...sorry you had to experience its goopiness-bleh!

Amina said...

I've never heard of them either..
thank you for the review
you're really looking out for us :)

Calming Corners said...

I have never head of them, but thanks for the review. A good product to try is upper canada soap & candle makers.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I've never seen or heard of this brand, but it doesn't seem like I'm missing out.

As always, great review!

Just_Wondering said...

I've never seen this brand and now I know I'm not missing out on anything if I do happen to see it! Thanks for the review!

antithesis said...

you are extremely adventurous! i would have never picked up that no-name product. thanks for the info!

Anonymous said...

Down with Target! Sorry you had to deal with that lazy product.

Anonymous said...

Down with Target! Sorry you had to deal with that lazy product.

B said...

I miiiiiss the ice cream truck jingle from when I used to live in LA. Awww, nostalgic. LOL, back to the issue at hand. I've never seen these products but I love the smell of mango. Ugh, sorry it sucked.

Product Junkie Diva said...

@DE anytime!
@PCD no problem I will test them so you won't have to experience a similar disaster.
@Amina- I try..lol
@Calming Corners thanks I have never heard of the company you menitoned.
@BGG trust me you are not..lol
@J_W you will see it on display at Target but just keep on walking girl.
@Frugalista I still like target but this product is a stinker. I will try the body wash next just to see if it is better.
@B glad i could bring back some memeories.
Thanks for reading everyone.
Product Junkie Diva

Anonymous said...

Hey Product Junkie Diva... I think the product is made by Boots, not Amazon Forest. I think Amazon Forest is the name of the scent or something, and the product's logo is that blue thing on the bottle. Some of their stuff is good (they make a great skin serum), some of it is hot garbage. And thanks to you, I'll be avoiding the Amazon Forest. Thanks!!
I love what you're doing here.

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Afrobella thanks for pointing that out. Now I wonder if I should try the body wash from that amazon line...yikes.
Thanks for the kinds words. I like your site as well.
Take care
Product Junkie Diva

Mental_mind said...

I wouldn't suggest buying anything from boots that boots branded! I don't know if you have it over there in the US but in the UK its just a huge pharmacy that sells body stuff and their own branded stuff isn't very good in general

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Mental MInd thanks for the background information. We have a store named Target that sells the boots brand and I have only tried that scrub and I hated it..lol
Thanks
PJD