Monday, July 21, 2008

Not a Makeup Pro?

If you are not a makeup professional, but you would like to pull off an award winning look, you may want to try the new appliques called Eye Envy by ColorOn.

This creamy mineral 100% hypo-allergenic eye shadow is a peal off product that can be rubbed on your eye lid to produce a variety of patterns. Eye envy claims to be a long wearing eye product that will not crease, leaving you with and expert makeup finish all day long. The kit pictured above is the Flaunt kit which I selected.

When I first walked into Sephora yesterday and checked out this product I was set on the kit that I wanted to buy, but once I saw one of the colors applied to a woman's face I knew I had to make a switch because the palette would not have agreed with my complexion. I was in the store with a pal of mine whose complexion is much lighter and the product seemed to blend into her skin. Without any suggestions from us, the sales associate wiped the product from her lid and selected a new color. We liked the darker shade of brown but the remaining colors in the kit were not pretty so we both selected flaunt.

Please watch the video to see how easy it is to apply my enviable eyes. (you really wont envy them after you see my application of the product).







I forgot to mention that without the UDPP (Urban Decay Primer Potion) this product didn't last too long, the setting powder doesn't work well, but on the up side it didn't crease.
Would you try this product or do you prefer traditional methods of makeup application?
Please check back around 10:00 because I have a very special post. thanks

P.S. This product also comes in wild designs like this:






12 comments:

Just_Wondering said...

OF COURSEEEE I WOULD try this! Omgoodness I'm excited! I love eye make up above everything else so I'm going to check this out. I just hope they have colors that will work for my complexion! Did you see anything for me PJD lol

Great Post!

antithesis said...

this product is clearly not for me. everyone has a different eye shape, for one. second, i like to experiment. some of my best looks are born out of "mistakes".

Amina said...

I've heard about this product too and I'd love to try it...

Anonymous said...

I'd have to pass on this product. It's an interesting concept. Not for me though.

And the return queen in me would be right up at the counter right now with box and receipt in hand...thank you very much=)

B said...

I remember hearing about this months ago and being a bit apprehensive. Don't get me wrong, I am a huge eyeshadow lady but I don't think this would look good for my complexion either. But you review was amaziiiiing. Thanks sis!

Calming Corners said...

I would try this it seems fun to play with :)

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I don't wear eye shadow, but i would be willing to at least try this innovative product!!

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Just_Wondering I know you are the eyeshadow queen girl. I think this box i was originally going to get may work for you it is called precious metals. You can see all of the colors if you go to the sephora website and search for the brand called ColorOn.
@Antithesis I know what you mean. I think the strip gives you so much that you are supposed to blend it across the rest of your eye but I probably didn't do it well enough....lol
@Amina instead of spending money see if a sephora associate can apply it for you for free, at least you will see if you like the colors.
@Jewells...lol I am horrible at returns I need to take a page from your book.
@B you are too sweet but lets keep it real my application was bad..LOL I think I put on too much setting powder..lol
@Calming corners it was fun to play with.
@BGG I did remember that you were not into eye shadows in fact I don't wear them myself. Had I not started this blog I would have never tested it in my life but the one I reviewed first from Illusions cosmetics is GREAT. It blends in so well with my skin that it kind of looks like a bronzer. (I have never tried a bronzer but from what I have learned about them I think my eyeshadow looks like a bronzer)
Thanks for reading everyone
Product Junkie Diva

brownee said...

Diva, I was waaay more impressed with your presentation than the product - the choice of music, etc.

The irony though it seems far easier to just apply shadow the traditional way to me. All this mixing solutions and whatnot is more complicated and time consuming than anything else.

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Brownee..lol thanks. That song is new from Marques Houston it's called Sunset. I think this product would be great for those who just want to play around or those who are worse than I am at applying eye shadow the traditional way. If they use this product they will get the shadow complete with liner color and highlight color but then they need to blend it....oh well..lol
I know I won't get this again especially because it is cheaper to just buy the colors you like the regular way.
As always thanks for reading.
PJD

justme said...

I love your reviews, they are always so thorough. I think i am going to invest in that aveda line, it hasnt let me down this far! that eyeshadow scared me until you blended it, it wasnt bad at all!

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Justme thanks so much for your kind words. Yes I like Aveda also I recently purchased some Aveda skincare stuff which seems great so far.
PJD