Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Stabilize your radical side

You are trying to live a healthy lifestyle so you cut an apple as you plan to indulge in only the healthiest of treats when your phone rings. Once you return to your apple, (depending on how long you were on the phone of course) it's brown! What gives? Depending on the amount of oxygen in the air and the object that it interacts with you will get oxidation, causing your once delectable apple to turn an unsightly brown color. If you leave the apple out longer, it will continue to brown and shrivel up. The molecules are going at it on the apple but what we see, the brown color, is a result of the free radicals.
Free radicals are the unstable molecules that break free and cause major damage. That’s fine for an apple but what if this happens to your face, not so cute right? Free radicals are responsible for aging and once they are on the loose the can do much damage to our faces and bodies. Free radicals have an uneven number of electrons so they are unstable. These crazy radicals push through your body in search of molecules to bond with in an attempt to become stable. So once they get to bond with another molecule all is well right? Not quite these radicals are bad news because they only bring the other molecules down. Our body will try to help us by fighting against free radicals through the antioxidants that we can get from blueberries, as well as other fruits and veggies. Vitamins E, C and A do a wonderful job at fighting against these radical nuisances, they do their best to keep our healthy tissues healthy. So while I am eating what I need to eat in order to keep aging in check, I will go the extra mile by using a high concentration of vitamin C daily. The product I bring you today is the $35 Turbo Booster C Powder by Philosophy. Watch the video for more info.



We all know that we are going to age, but what is your trick in preventing premature aging?

14 comments:

Amina said...

great video:)
To prevent premature aging, well, i try to live healthy..i said i try because i still have to do a lot of efforts in the dessert departments:)

other than that, genes help and shea butter/cocoa butter/coconut oil are my secrets to keep a youthful skin :)

Anonymous said...

Sun damage is the the number cause of wrinkle and age spots. Therefore, I wear SPF 15 on my face/neck on a daily basis and SPF 45 if I know I'll have lots of exposure (such as at the beach or on vaca).

I haven't seen any signs of aging yet (I'm 32) but once you start to see the signs, it's hard to do anything about it. Therefore, I believe in preventive maintenance. I've been using eye cream morning and night for the past few years and I've recently started using a thick retinol night cream several times a week.

antithesis said...

great product review. very interesting. im not surprised that it would lighten hyperpigmentation. my mother is always telling me use lemon juice on my face and as you know citrus fruits like lemons and oranges contain vitamin c. i have sensitive skin so i dont know about that "tingle" but i would be willing to give the stuff a try.

TravelDiva said...

Hey PJD!!! I'm back! FYI - Posted pics of the trip on CITC!

Anonymous said...

Girl, more post like these. I use spf 15 everyday. I refuse to get old. Thanks so much for the info.

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Amina desserts would have to be on my list as well..lol and you are right genes help so much.
@Savvy yes, protecting ourselves from the sun is very important.
@Antithesis great advice from your mom. You should totally get a sample from Sephora just to test it out.
@Traveldiva welcome back.I checked your pictures and I love them.
@Frugalista thanks. I have more coming up in the future.
Product Junkie Diva

Phyllis Bourne said...

I talked to a Philosophy rep in Sephora a few weeks back who raved about this product!!!!

Great post (always love videos!)!!!!

brownee said...

Hey Diva, long time no chat.

I've used this product years ago, I'm lukewarm on it.

I know I'm super late, but I've been using the collosal mascara for the past couple of weeks. And though I didn't get the results I expected I still like it. At nite I've been layering it on top of my fav mascara and loving the look.

Product Junkie Diva said...

@PBW thanks. my skin likes this product.
@Brownee I know it has been a while but welcome home Brownee :-)
I used this product a while ago myself but then probably because I switch between so many products I forgot about it until recently.
Brownee I'm sorry you didnt get everything that you want from that mascara but I think it's a keeper, i like how light it is.thanks for reading and sharing :-)
Product Junkie diva

brownee said...

Yes it's light. It reminds me of those lash tints, but with way more oomph! I thought it would give more thickening power than it does.

No need to apologize, I consider this a good find, and would buy it again. :)

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Brownee What color did you get? I purchased glam black and my mom got classic black. I am trying to figure out the difference..lol I think glam black may be darker...maybe
PJD

brownee said...

I picked Glam [over the classic] after a couple minutes of silently deliberating in Rite-Aid on my lunch break. I'll be damned if I know which is darker. Lol

Jmilz86 said...

I definitely need to look into this! Glad u reposted the link to it

Product Junkie Diva said...

Brownee lol thanks, I don't know either.
Jmilz no problem.
PJD