Thursday, July 17, 2008

Decisions, Decisions

When I was younger I had two really good friends and one demanded to know which one I considered to be my best friend. Simply telling her that they were both on equal ground was not a satisfactory response, she wanted me to make a decision. In her mind I just had to select one or the other there wasn't enough room for both of them to function as my "go to pal". I have recently encountered a similar situation with my hair products. I was moving through life just fine using my Aveda Damage Remedy line. My hair was soft, shiny, and bouncy I didn't have to make a single decision I love the products because they work for me. Then one morning I received an enticing email that listed the benefits of Aveda's new Dry Remedy line. Since I'm a gal whose hair can turn into hay as quickly as you can say the word "brittle" I was intrigued. I purchased the Dry Remedy treatment but was later given the opportunity to try the Dry shampoo and conditioner as well.
After using the entire Dry remedy line, which promises to quench the thirst of the driest hair, I was sold. Just like the damage remedy line my hair was shiny, bouncy and soft so I had a decision to make. Which line would become my "go to hair revival system"?
It has been three days since I used the Dry line and my hair is still shining. My sister saw my hair and asked for the name of the product that I used to make my hair shine. After informing her that I only used the Dry remedy line, the tubes were hauled off to the bathroom and she too emerged with brilliantly shiny and soft hair.
I am now torn because I can't wash my hair with two lines at the same time but perhaps I can alternate between the Dry and Damaged lines so as not to neglect either product.





Do you plan on trying this line? What is your solution for dry hair?
*The Dry Remedy line just launched in stores this week so you can make your in store purchase now or you can order it online.

11 comments:

antithesis said...

i would alternate between the two for now since you have them both. when they run out, i would just alternate my purchase. your hair will probably thank you!

Amina said...

thank you for the review. oh yes, alternate between the two of them..
i received a double point for my upcoming bday so i might just try it..do they have sample sizes? I have so much conditioner, i should have the world's most conditioned hair...lol..

my remedy for dry hair: hot oil treatments and drinking more water

Anonymous said...

My hair is dry, so I don't have a solution. This Aveda sounds like it may work!

Thanks PJD.

B said...

Alternating is fine, sis. Make it do what it do.

And I would love to try but Aveda has to come down 'bout $10 per product before I make some investments. Mana got to pay these student loans. :(

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

i love the comparison between your pals from when you were a kid and the Aveda products! LOL

I have dry and brittle hair, so I'd definitely be willing to give this product a try!

Just_Wondering said...

I think that I will try their new line!! I've been working very hard to keep my hair from getting dry. I find that when you invest in getting great products for your hair that you reap the benefits! So I'll be buying this line. I already got the line to help volumize my hair and will tell you how that goes PJD!

This Post was Great!

Thanks

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Antithesis and Amina -let the alternating begin ;-) thanks for the advice.
Amina I don't know if the dry line has a version in a sample size...sorry You are so right, drinking water is a way to cure some of the dry hair blues.
@frugalista- drink more water and for sure try aveda.
@B You keep your beautiful locks in shape with whatever you are using but when you have time to splurge aveda has a great line of products.
@BB thanks. Cool if you try it please let me know how it works for you.
@Jwondering great. please tell me what you think of it. The treatment is really awesome. Please tell me about the volumizine line when you have a chance.
Product Junkie Diva

justme said...

i love aveda i have a sample of this, i think i am going to try it out monday. i will post on it too. i just have the intensive conditioner only though

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Justme I love Aveda too they have really good ingredients and their products work well. I would recommend getting that treatment also but I look forward to your post.
Product Junkie Diva

Calming Corners said...

Okay you got me!!! I turned my sister on to sap moss, that is all she uses now, she tried the new line and was like it is even better. My hair is dry I am expermenting with others, but it is best to go with what you know. Thanks for the post!

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Calming Corners I am glad your sister liked it. I just used sap moss this past weekend as a part of my pre poo...thats some good stuff!
Product Junkie Diva