Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Are you out there & Do you bantu? & Please help me!

Are you out there?
HI Everyone I am just trying to gather a little information from you. I can continue to post if you all will continue reading or I can take a little break. Do you think you will be reading over the next couple of days or just laying low with the computers off? Please let me know, I may end up posting anyway..lol who knows.
Do you Bantu?
Sometimes I want to switch up my do and other times I am just plain lazy and I don't feel like rolling my hair. When such times arise I can easily turn to the good old bantu. Normally If I create bantu knots in my hair I don't unravel them and wear them in public. Instead I usually throw my hair into a banana clip and rock the tiny coils in the back of my head.
This woman on youtube, clearly demonstrates the process that I follow when I create bantu knots.
I will also post pics below to show you what my knots looked like. I should have created far more knots than I did for a fuller look but I was totally not in the mood so whatever..lol. I also secured my knots with the metal clips but I usually do it just like the woman in the video and they actually stay put all night long. Here are my pics:










Although it looks like it's tight it really isn't.









Bantu knots can also alow you to make your hair look a little shorter depending on how secure you make the knots.

Here is what my hair looked like after I unraveled the knots.

Next I just fingered through my hair to expand the curls a bit. You can keep doing that until you get your desired look. What I do like is that I somewhat pulled off a curly look without roller! I still need more bantu practice, but I'm getting there.














Please help

I NEED the nail polish that Michelle Williams is wearing in this picture. Any ideas? (pic courtesy of Essence.com) It almost looks like a dusty brown with gray undertones, or maybe I'm just making that up..lol Any colors that you know of that will give me that desired color?

12 comments:

antithesis said...

michelle is wearing OPI in you dont know jacques!
i will be reading because i have no life.
your hair is sooooo cute. ive been doing pin curls but maybe i can try the bantu knots. wish me luck!

laughing808 said...

yep, I'm here......and at work, go figure. I'll more than likely check peruse the internet tomorrow.

I tried the bantu knots a few times and it didn't work out too well for me.

Product Junkie Diva said...

YAY someone is awake in blog land..lol Thanks Antithesis. Now that you say it I think I have that opi shade..lol I have to check my stash again, because I didn't see it when I looked before. I was thinking of one of those colors from Sephora by OPI but i didnt have any names. Yup you hit the nail on the head. thanks so much..!
pjd

Product Junkie Diva said...

Hey Laughing oh sorry you're at work. I hope you get a few days off at least. And the weekend is almost here so that's cool :-)
PJD

Mrs Count said...

I'll be reading :) I think I will try the bantu knots. I haven't had a relaxer in about 10 weeks though. Do you think it'll make me have huge dolly pardon hair?

CC said...

I was looking at that color as I was flipping through the magazine. I don't care that I dont usually pay $8 for nail polish, this one is a must.
The bantu curls are super sweet, I was trying to get Chynell to do them. Maybe now she'll listen to me.
P.S.- You already know I'll be reading.

justme said...

i dont have a life either, i am here. her nails look pretty huh, i wanna buy that color

Tami said...

I'll be reading and posting also!

thepegster said...

that is an OPI color, i just used the color yesterday during a manicure, it looks good on my hands not sure about my toes yet, give it a try :)

Product Junkie Diva said...

Thank you all for posting and Antithesis thanks for calling out that OPI color.
PJD

Anonymous said...

When I saw Bantu, I thought you were talking about the perm...LOL.

I love bantu knots. Haven't worn any in a while.

And I just tore that pic of Michelle out of Essence last night.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Jewells I know those knots would look cute on you.I am so antsy to get that nail polish now, I think I may have to order online.
PJD