Thursday, December 18, 2008

The crossover

Whether it is a singer trying to breathe new life into a stagnant career or a company reaching out for more sales, the crossover is a very difficult maneuver to pull off successfully. If you are really good in one arena, it does not guarantee that you will find success in other areas, so crossing over can be a challenge. I have always been a little skeptical of companies that try to branch out, so when I saw that Soft & Beautiful, a famous hair care line, developed a skincare line I was thinking it would be a total disaster. Then I was flipping through Essence mag, and I saw the ads with beautiful glowing skin and I knew I had to try the products. Thus far I have used the SKIN MoistureSoft Exfoliating Body Polish and it is a really nice scrub. It is not one of those scrubs with sugar crystals swimming in a vat of oil, instead it is a very grainy scrub that exfoliates well. I was really impressed with this $6.99 scrub and it is a purchase I would be willing to make in the future. It consists of sugar crystals and sunflower oil. It is gentle yet effective.Oh and it’s paraben free!
Would you be willing to try this scrub?

13 comments:

antithesis said...

id be willing to try anything ith a coupon. that's how i got my last scrub, the softsoap coconut something scrub. i like it!

Anonymous said...

Yea, I've heard about this & was curious to try it b/c it looks & sounds great... so yea I'd be willing to try it & after your review I just might! :) I love body scrubs.. now what about their corresponding body butter/cream, i'd be willing to try that too.

CC said...

I saw that ad in Essence as well, I was a little curious about the line. Maybe I'll ask someone else to buy it for me, HEHE.

laughing808 said...

Yep, I'll try it......I was skeptical about it as well when I first saw it at the store, but with your review I think I'll try it.

Mrs Count said...

I have a coupon for this but was hesitant to try it. Since it got your stamp, I'll be heading out to get it, lol.

MakeupByRenRen said...

i would after i finish my two big jars of scrub sitting in my bathroom...i only use a scrub once in a while...they last forever for me that way!

justme said...

i seen this in the essence mag, i wanted to try this. of course it wont be here in this area but hopefully in a few months i will be going back to the states

Jmilz86 said...

hmmm i need to check that out!

Anonymous said...

Hey everyone, check out http://diaperdutydiary.blogspot.com/ any tips on how to make it better?

B said...

For the most part all scrubs seem to work for me. I've got a really good one but when that's all out--I will give this one a try!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Antithesis I have never tried the scrub you mentioned thanks, I'm on it..lol

LaurenI have the other items in the line so I will be posting on that too. I just didn't want to mix things up too much since I was testing the vaseline lotion product.
Mrs. YF lol I hope you like it.
Laughing I was thinking it wouldn't be good but it proved me wrong, really exfoliated well.
Tm please let me know what you think of it.
Ren I figured you would have a stash, I get the idea that you like body products.
Justme You can stock up on so many things when you get back :-)
Jmilz- please let me know what you think of it.
Hey Anonymous I read your post, I am waiting to read more :-)
B yay I always love your reviews...
Have a great weekend everyone.
PJD

Anonymous said...

Definitely willing to try

laughing808 said...

So I finally got around to purchasing this. And at first I wasn't too thrilled, sure the price was right, but it was abit too solid for me. At any rate I finally finished the entire container, and I have to admit I plan to purchase this again. Although, I'll more than likely add some additional oil to it. But it has my skin feeling really soft.

Thanks for the review adn recommendation.