Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Lips & Skincare

Perfect Pout
I am happy with my lips. I didn't need a product that would plump them up but it was free so Thanks Sephora. First order of business I have to tell you that this Buxom lips plumping lip gloss by Bare Escentuals stings like the Dickens! Even after removing this gloss, my lips were still tingling...kind of freaky is you ask me..lol. As you may have guessed no plumping occurred in my opinion. Here is a before (left side) and after (right side), do you see a difference? Actually, I think I adjusted the image size too much but trust me there is no difference....lol







Another Scrub

I told you that I would start reviewing some of the many samples that I have, so here we go with another scrub. When I first tried the gentle facial scrub by Nude Skincare I thought " oh this is pretty gentle, yet my skin feels like it was exfoliated." Then I went to Sephora to get the full size tube and I saw that the jar was priced at $52 and my immediate reaction was "it wasn't that good" , so on the shelf it remained. I would not pay $52 bucks for this product but I guess it has that price tag because it has rose quartz and other rare ingredients. Honestly if it were priced at $16 MAYBE $20 I would get it, otherwise I have seen better.

Retinol
Retinol is essentially good old vitamin A. It is credited with the ability to improve the skin after it has been damaged by the sun or even acne. It is also supposed to improve the elasticity of the skin so you can easily find it as an active ingredient in anti- wrinkle products.
I picked up a sample of the Philosophy booster caps. This tiny capsule is filled with a thick retinol based solution that must be mixed with your night- time facial moisturizer. I applied the product to my face and my skin felt so smooth. I don't have wrinkles, I don't think it's time for that yet so I won't be purchasing this $50 product which will get you 60 capsules. However this product is also supposed to improve the uneven skin, so that is a good point that captured my attention. I would need to get more samples to see how my skin responds to this product over time but for one time use, it felt pretty nice against my skin.

10 comments:

antithesis said...

look at you with ur multiple reviews in one post! i would be interested in those little capsules for the skin-tone evening benefits but i have so many products right now promising to improve that, i will wait until all else fails or maybe if i got them as a gift

B said...

I have a ton of lip plumpers and they just sit in my stash and stare at me. LOL, I don't need my lippies to get any bigger. HA!

Auntie LuxeTips is always telling me about Retinol and I've gotten in the habit of using wrinkle creams. Not b/c I'm wrinkling up at the tender age of 24 but really to get myself in the habit of using it. Ya know? Happy Hump Day!

CC said...

Happy Hump Day? LOL, that scares me.

I have never used a lip plumper, it makes me nervous that gloss can swell my lips. I knew those things had side effects...stinging...oh no, not I said the princess.

Just_Wondering said...

I never believed anything that could make your lips look bigger! I mean are there really things out there that actually workers other then give you tingles lol

infojunkiegrl said...

buxom lips is my sh*t! you think that stuff stings, try the two faced lip plumping products...
my mother told me i dont have black girl lips..lol

MakeupByRenRen said...

yah i hate plumping formulas, i dont need em either and they just irritate my lips

Jmilz86 said...

More booster stuff for my skin! I am really determined to eliminate the dark spots!

Phyllis Bourne said...

I have those booster caps. Not a sexy purchase like a new lippie or blush, but totally worth it. I love 'em.

T said...

LMAO @ stings like the dickens. I tried some lip plumping stuff on accident (got it as a sample, thought it was regular gloss). Girl, I know exactly what you mean.

I don't need to be Angelina or Tisha Campbell.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Antithesis I try girl I try..lol I hope to see more product reviews from you soon.
B I'm with you on not needing a bigger kisser. It is all about getting into the habit of using certain products as a preventative measure. I just wonder if using it prematurely can have an adverse effect on our skin. I need to find out.
Mrs. YF yes they do sting and I don't appreciate that feeling.
Just Wonderfing yes botox...LOL but then people look like they were just popped in the mouth.
infojunkiegirl yes i have tried two faced in the past, not because I wanted bigger lips but some of their tubes are really cute..lol I wouldn't buy it again though. I like thier non plumping formulas.
Ren - agreed
Jmilz Clear even skin is desired by so many women and we are determined to get it!!!!!
PBW thanks so much, your review on this means a lot.
T Why is it that Angelina's lips always look ashy to me??? As for Tisha it looks good on her but would never work for me..lol
PJD