Friday, December 19, 2008

I'm no doctor

I am no doctor but I have a prescription for dry skin! Vaseline has developed a prescription strength lotion, Vaseline Clinical Therapy, that works hard to smooth over rough dry skin. My mother uses some harsh chemicals while cleaning the house and she doesn't always use gloves so her fingers will have a little rough feeling to it if she doesn't moisturize really well. I prescribed this product to my mom and her hands, including her fingers, feel 10 times better. My sister is another "prescribe the nation" vaseline user and she believes this lotion has made her smooth skin even silkier.
I always thought my hands were pretty smooth already so I wasnt expecting much of a difference but the more I used this product the softer my hands seemed to become. If you were blindfolded I would double dare you to identify the skin of a new born baby after touching the baby's skin then toughing my hands. I think I would give that baby a run for his money!

The product comes in "light &fresh fragrance" and unfragranced but even the unfragranced version has a smell to it, in my humble opinion. The scent isnt bad, its just not the fruity or nutty scent that I usually gravitate toward. I used it for about a week and I must say that I like this lotion, which includes soybeans.

I would be remiss in my pjd duties if I didn't mention that two parabens are listed in the ingredients.

From Vaseline

If you go to prescribethenation.com you can enter the Prescribe the Nation Sweepstakes, which will give you an opportunity to win an 8-day trip to Alaska for four! Additionally, five people will win 2 $100 Spafinders gift certificates weekly! Thats not all-the first 45,000 to enter will receive 2 free samples of Vaseline Clinical Therapy lotion.

PJD's gift

I can't send you to Alaska, but I can send you a full size bottle of this lotion. The 10th person to send me an emial about their dry skin will get the Vaseline Clinical Therapy lotion. In the email please let me know if you want scented or unscented. The winner will be posted as soon as I get the 10th email..lol

another post to follow......

5 comments:

MakeupByRenRen said...

wow sound like some good stuff! as soon as i'm done with my stash of lotions i'll try this!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Please let me know what you think Ren.
Have a great weekend.
PJD

Anonymous said...

I'm in the market for a new lotion, doggone it! I deal with eczema on my thighs and neck during the winter months. I get tired of slathering Vaseline on my areas and looking all greasy. My hands are also feeling a little rough if I must admit. Hmmm.

LOL @ you and these parabens.

MSJNT said...

LOL...I thought I would post since folks will be waiting to be the 10th. I saw this lotion and maybe I will try it. Love your blog!!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Hi Jewells Have you tried aveeno? Just wondering because I have heard that people with eczema found success with their products.
MSJNT lol I think you are right..lol thanks for posting.
PJD