Tuesday, June 17, 2008

`Before it's too late-again

I wanted to blog about this line weeks ago but I used it all up before I could even take a picture. Since I purchased more yesterday I decided I should do this post now because there is no telling how quickly I will use this product. The Body Shop, not to be confused with Bath and Body Works, has a line of deliciously scented body washes, body polishes and moisturizers. My favorite thus far is the strawberry line as shown above. The moisturizer is very soft and it includes, rosemary oil (you can't smell it though), shea butter and strawberry oil which is supposedly used to moisturize the skin. Unfortunately, parabens have also made the ingredients list, so I probably wont get the moisturizer again but the foaming body polish is paraben free. The polish (shown on the left) is actually my favorite item from the line because of those tiny exfoliating seeds which fail to really exfoliate, but they are cute and the overall scent is lovely. The ingredients listed for the polish include honey, kiwi and strawberry juice.
shower gel -$13.00
body butter $10-$20 depending on the size you select
body polish -$20.00
Any scents you can't live without?

13 comments:

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Hmm...I've never actually purchased any body lotions, washes from the Body Shop. I do know that the scent of the store is heavenly every time I walk by! I have used some of their lip balm before.

Ok, the scent that I can't live without is Cucumber Melon (from anywhere) and Suave's Tropical Coconut!

antithesis said...

my mom or my sister had that exact line and it does smell GREAT!

Anonymous said...

Hey PJD,
I am not really a scent person. I like vanilla and that's about it. You mentioned parabens in your post. I read about them some more after your wrote that tutorial for us. Is it worth it to smell like fruit? I am paraben shook.

Amina said...

I looooove the body shop shower gels!
I used to indulge a lot in the semi-annual sale and in july that's when they had the Honey body butter. Can't understand why it never became popular!anyways, now i want some body shop stuff

i looove their vitamin E line

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

hi there pjd,
i absolutely LOVE the olive line from the body shop!! it smells kinda funky in the store, but in the shower and used right aftwer, it smells divine! maybe the air has to hit it? whatever the case, i love it! oh, and i love sephora's body butter as well...and we all know...i'm a fanatic of NARS-lol!

B said...

It's been such a long time since I've even to The Body Shop. I so need to take a visit.

Product Junkie Diva said...

@BGG cute pic.I think I purchased one of their body washes a long time ago.
@Antithesis that is a big reason behind my purchase.
@Frugalista not at all, the scent is not worth taking in parabens. I did however notice the paraben inclusion after my purchase and after using it..lol
@Nywele the sale is going on now, I saw things for $2.00
@PCD..lol it smells funky in the store and you still made a purchase??? You are a trooper. I am just glad it smelled better later on.
@B now is the time to go since they are having the big sale.
Product Junkie Diva

Phyllis Bourne said...

I always get the pink grapefruit shower gel from The Body Shop. Next time I go in, I'll give the strawberry scent a whiff.

Product Junkie Diva said...

@PBW I have that one too!!!
Product Junkie Diva

Mrs Count said...

Their almond body butter is my fave!It smells so good with a fruity perfume. BTW, I love your blog, I will be back!

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Theraputic musings thanks I like you blog also...great read!
Product Junkie Diva

Anonymous said...

ive got this set and I lovee it!

Product Junkie Diva said...

@ Minky we are scent twins :-)
Product Junkie Diva