Monday, June 23, 2008

First Impressions

When I first saw the Tendertones collection from MAC I just knew there was nothing that I would want from the collection because none of the colors appealed to me at all. Eventually, I went back to the MAC website and learned that all of the Tendertones lip balms with SPF 12 smell like strawberry-kiwi and I was sold. I purchased two online and then two more in person from a MAC counter. The application of the Tendertones lip balms is great because it is so smooth and they smell great. Those who are looking at the pretty colors of the lip balms don't make a purchase based on the colors because they don't really show up well. I also purchased some lipglasses, but before my order arrived I was regretful that I ordered that green Spring Bean lipglass but it's actually pretty cute.
Here is an arm shot that you can enlarge. The lipglasses are to the left in this order - Russian Red, Ornamental, Tranceplant, Spring Bean, Love Nectar, Quite Natural (paint pot), here are the tendertones lip balms Deep Sigh, Hush Hush, Honey Bare and Sweet & Nice.
This is my first paint pot- thank you Nywele and everyone else who encouraged me to purchase a paint pot. It is really creamy and it would be perfect for that smokey eye look. It blends in really well with my skin once I rub it in a bit.
Did you order anything from the Tendertones collection? What is on your MAC wish list?

12 comments:

beautylogicblog said...

Great Post! Someone is addicted to MAC!!!! Hugs, De

B said...

I loooove Paint pots. I haven't purchased one since they first came out. In fact, I haven't used one in a minute, but when I do...I love them! Still not sold on the Tendertones. The packaging throws me off. Why can't they offer them in tubes or somethin'? Hmmm...love the vid!

antithesis said...

great post! arent you glad you stepped out of your comfort zone? those were some great choices for you. if i had disposable income, i would definitely buy up the entire mac strore. but for now, i'm skating by with drugstore brands (namely covergirl).

Anonymous said...

Ornamental is a rerun MAC is bringing back. I had it before and I so loved it. Good work, PJD. I'll be getting Russian Red (sans chestnut liner. I wanna shine!) and another round of ornamental.

Amina said...

aaaaw..thank you for the shout out:)
beautiful hauls!!
I have to get quite natural now!! I think you will love constructivist..

Ornamental is one of my favorite lustreglass..so gorgeous especially with the blush ambering rose.

My wishlist is insane!! with all the upcoming new collections, i might need to take out a loan..lol..

Product Junkie Diva said...

@DE you noticed..lol
@B Yes you are right, I would prefer a tube or something for those tendertones but they smell so good..lol
@Antithesis thanks. Yes I am glad that I moved on to try other things. Ohhh I have a covergirl review coming up soon- it's for a new product.
@The frugalista yes ornamental is very cute...I think the Russian Red would look great on you!
@Nywele - no problem at all. I did look at constructivist and it sat in my shopping basket for a while but then I decided that it may be too bold for me..lol I may go online and pick it up now, the color is lovely. LOL at a makeup loan..lol
Product JUnkie Diva

Phyllis Bourne said...

Great haul!

Ornamental is one of my favorites. I've started to buy Spring Bean several times, but always changed my mind.

Product Junkie Diva said...

@PBW thanks. I am really enjoying ornamental but you should check out spring bean. Keep in mind though it is really light so it will look like a gloss with a very light green tint.
Product Junkie Diva

Virtuous Blue said...

OMG, Russian Red...here I come. Great post, I need to wear my ornamental a little more often. Whoo hoo welcome to the paint pot club, I only have 2 but I love em.

Teneasha (VB)

Product Junkie Diva said...

@VB yes the paint pots are silky smooth...love it.
I hope you enjoy your Russian Red.Thanks for reading
Product Junkie Diva

Kamika said...

OMG! Springbean is the bomb and so versatile. I love Love Nectar.

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Kamika are you my MAC makeup twin? lol
Product Junkie Diva