Monday, June 16, 2008

Can You Find The Cheapie Brand?

When I first received my ELF products I was excited (I will finish the ELF haul soon..promise), but I was probably most excited about the nail polish with the $1 price tag.
Now I want to see if you can pick out the cheap $1 ELF nail polish. I have on three different brands, one is definitely ELF and the other two are popular brands. I actually like the formaldehyde free ELF polish. It is supposed to be a quick dry polish and it does ok in that area, I didn't notice anything super fast but it was decent. The color is nice, maybe a little lighter on your nails with just one coating but add more and you should get your desired shade.
I only applied one coat of each brand just to be fair. Click the pic for a closer look.

<---hand1 hand 3 ---->


hand 2



Now on to the quiz.....



Here's a look at the other two brands that I used:











Ready for the answer........
  • Hand #1 Sally Hansen No Chip 10 Day Nail Color in Tenacious Ruby
  • Hand #2 $1.00 ELF polish in Medium Red
  • Hand #3 OPI in I'm Not really A Waitress
    The ELF polish consistency is a little thinner than the other two brands but not so thin that you feel like you are applying water to your nails. Regarding the chip factor, I would say this product chips around the same time as most brands, no sooner and no later. (Except for OPI which I have found to be a really long lasting polish along with Essie).
  • Notice the cute little decorative drop of nail polish hanging from the ELF bottle. I have purchased $1.00 polish in the past and this is by far the best one. I would buy an ELF polish again.

10 comments:

Phyllis Bourne said...

Wow! I just KNEW #2 was the pricey brand.

I'm definitely going to give ELF a try now.

B said...

You're makin' my make-up probation reeeeal hard for me, sis. $1 nail polish is insaaaane. And it looks like it holds up pretty well! I'm impressed. What say you about that Sally Hasen? I have a few of those but I think they lied about it stayin' on for 10 Days. Did it work that well for you?

Brit
ClumpsOfMascara.com

Product Junkie Diva said...

PBW- surprising right???? lol

@DivineBlackness I blogged on this one a while back...10 day no chip is such a joke it doesnt work but I do like the color.
PRoduct Junkie Diva

antithesis said...

i guessed right and i didnt cheat! (not that the answer was obvious at all. i looked at all three a few times before deciding).

justme said...

i got it wrong! polish is one of those things that i think you can go cheap on. i bought a couple chanel polishes once that were straight dodo! that was a fun post

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Antithesis-you are gooood!
@Justme- thanks for saying that, now I don't feel so bad that I couldn't get my hands on the chanel special edition blue after the dior blue was sold out. I also remember using a $1 nail polish from mabelline I think they called that line colorama or something like that...it was horrible.
Product Junkie Diva

yummy411 said...

great post again! hahah i was with the masses and chose hand 3.. sheer application maybe? i live by some opi.. most of the neutral to me have been sheer..oh well whatever... great post!

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Yummy- thanks. I really like OPI it really is one of my favorite brands.
Prodicut Junkie Diva

Anonymous said...

Boo, I was wrong! And i love nail polish! Funny that my word verification is "drewl" is that a sign? (drool hahaha)

Product Junkie Diva said...

@juvenescent LOL yes I like nail polish also. I am starting to thing that I have way too many though...lol I will take a pic one day.
Product Junkie Diva