Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Nuevo and COLOSSAL

It seems like last week every product junkie known to man was at CVS checking out the New Colossal Maybelline mascara that had just hit the shelves so you may have seen a review of this product already, but here is my take.
I was walking through the store and just as I was about to exit the aisle my eye happened to notice this bright bold almost neon green tube with the hint of purple, so I backed up to take a better look. Next I saw the following NUEVO, colossal, 9x volume and clump free, so I just had to pick it up. I was so excited to purchase this new product that I never looked at the color that I purchased until I got home, thankfully it was black.
Whoa does this little baby work, priced at $6.99 this can be a great addition to any makeup bag. My lashes were indeed clump free and LONG. This happens to be one of those mascaras with the large wands but that has not been a problem for me so I don't mind the size. Unfortunately, this is not a waterproof mascara because a few drops of water on my lashes (for testing purposes only) and it began to run but hey who puts drops of water on their lashes anyway?
Check out B's review with video!!
Which drugstore brand mascara do you love?
**Update** I forgot to mention that while this product is not waterproof it is smudgeproof to some degree. I was rubbing my eye and then I remembered that I had on the mascara so I grabbed my mirror and to my surprise everything was perfect. Secondly, I forgot to mention that this mascara has collagen, possibly to plump up those lashes.

11 comments:

antithesis said...

wow, that seems extreme. i think ill stick to my maybelline great lash. in black and in clear for low-key days. glad you liked it, though!

PCD (Pretty Circle Drawer) said...

is there a such thing as too many mascaras? i think not...OFF TO THE STORE I GO!!!!!!!!

Just_Wondering said...

I love Lash Discovery! It really makes my lashes longer and it also defines them! I like thinner brushes rather then the thicker ones.

beautylogicblog said...

I love my covergirl lash blast because of the size of the wand. great review.

B said...

Thanks for the link, sis. Yay to Colossal! Don't you love how light it is?

brownee said...

*right behind pcd* lol

Definately going to give this a whirl.

Anonymous said...

Considering I'm on month three of my mascara, it's time to re-up. Your review is right on time. On my own, I don't think I would have bought the mascara. Now I'm excited after reading your review.

Phyllis Bourne said...

Thanks for the great review. I'm intrigued by the collagen. Don't you hate when you rub your eyes and smudge your mascara yourself???? I do it all the time.

Antithesis, I love great lash in clear.

Just Wondering - Lash Discovery makes even baby lashes pop!

Pretty Circle - you're absolutely right!

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Antithesis lol yes the inclusion of collagen worried me but after I applied it I was no longer worried.
@PCD lol I don't think so....I hope you love it.
@Just Wondering HUmm I have to see what the difference is.
@DE thanks...
@B yes it is super light...love it
@Brownee please let me know what you think.
@Frugalista YAY I know it will look gorgeous on you.
@PBW yes the collagen is an interesting addition.
Thanks for reading ladies.
Product Junkie Diva

Anonymous said...

nice blog

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Kin'Shar thanks.
Product Junkie Diva