Monday, June 30, 2008

Not so AMAZING

The Wetslicks AmazeMint lipgloss is the latest creation from Covergirl. This lipgloss promises not only to keep your lips shining but also to keep you breath smelling minty fresh. CG collaborated with Crest, yes the toothpaste company, to infuse peppermint ingredients into the lipgloss. I seriously wondered how a litgloss could keep your breath fresh. Upon testing this little product I quickly realized that when I spoke the air passing between my lips would push that minty scent forward. If you have eaten something that does not carry a strong scent then you may be fine but if you are eating garlic or onions this gloss is not powerful enough to combat the scent.
The color is unwined-looks dark in the tube but looks like this on my mouth...gagging as I type. On a brighter note my lips are shiny and it remains that way for a good long while, not a bad product at all I am just in search of a different color. Also your lips will tingle when you apply this gloss.
This cost $6.99 I think, sorry I lost the receipt.

10 comments:

beautylogicblog said...

The color looks really pretty.

Amina said...

looks pretty on you..thank you for the review..

antithesis said...

thats just like that lip gloss i recently wrote about. i saw that in the cvs and and decided to pass. i see it was a good decision. maybe u will find a color that you like better. i dont think that color looks all that bad on you but i know it wouldnt work for me!

Park Avenue said...

I saw the lipgloss advertised in some magazine & I was really curious, especially about the Crest peppermint part. Thanks for the review!

B said...

I love that some gloss and LOVE it!

Product Junkie Diva said...

@DE & Nywele thanks so much
@Antithesis yes your post and the fact that you said you use covergirl is what reminded me that I had not reviewed this product so thank you.
@Park Avenue- glad i could help.
@B me 2 chica
Product Junkie Diva

Phyllis Bourne said...

Too bad it tastes blech, because it does look cute on you.

I don't like tingly glosses either. I've tried to put up with the tingle/minty taste if I liked the shade, but always end up rubbing it off.

Product Junkie Diva said...

@PBW thanks..I have heard others say that they don't like the tingle of glosses either. Oh this gloss smells just like Creswt toothpaste..lol
@B I saw your post it looks cute on you!!!
Product Junkie Diva

Anonymous said...

I don't do well with glosses infused with peppermint. Even though the color is pretty, I'll pass. Thanks for the review.

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Jewells I hear ya, I guess you have to get used to the tingle.
Product Junkie Diva