Wednesday, June 4, 2008

When you have had enough

When you express the love that you feel in every way imaginable and your efforts are neither appreciated nor acknowledged, you feel hurt. But the more it happens you may start to feel angry, and this anger may motivate you to stand up and say, I will not take this treatment anymore. That is the day when you shout, I care for you, I go out of my way to get you the best that money can buy and this is how you treat me? I just want to be there for you and all you want to do is SPLIT.
I told you some time ago that if I wanted to find a split end on my hair I just had to look at my bang and there it would be staring back at me. Yes, using Wen on my hair was great but eventually I ran out and in between orders I had to find a solution, that is when I found two split end remedies, the first of which I will present to you today.Redken does it again this time with a product from his Extreme line called Anti Snap, a no nonsense light weight leave-in product that almost dares your hair to break. It is a protein packed solution specifically designed for distressed hair.
I thought it would make my hair dry, or crunchy but when it dries it feels ever so soft. Although it is supposed to be used on wet hair, I use it on my dry hair and my split ends are off to terrorize someone else.
The ingredients list made me cringe because it is a haven for parabens, alcohol and all things deadly- but it works so I am a bit torn.
Anti Snap is priced at $14.99.
This light weight product just slides down my hand.
Do you read the list of ingredients when purchasing hair products? Do you even care if harmful ingredients are included if a product actually works?

8 comments:

Phyllis Bourne said...

Totally agree with you on this one, PJD.

A stylist used this on my hair (I'd been on the road for over a month and it was whipped) and I got terrific results!

Anonymous said...

Well, I have learned from reading your site that parabens suck. Not sure what they are, but I will watch out for them, now. I need to pay more attention to product ingredients.

antithesis said...

i can quickly get past harmful ingredients if something works well. i just know i need to compensate for it in another area or my regimine

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I've never used this product before. I must admit, I don't read the ingredients on hair products. But like the Frugalista Files said, I've learned about parabens from your site and will start to look out for them since apparently they aren't good for you.

Thanks for this post! :-)

TravelDiva said...

First of all, you are ridiculous for the beginning of this post. LOL. I need to do better. I'm very diligent about reading what the product says it does, but not necessarily the ingredients.

Product Junkie Diva said...

@PBW I would like to know how that smooth down butter treat worked for you.
@Frugalista Files I will do a little write up on parabens soon.
@Antithesis makes sense!
@BGG I guess I do talk about parabens a lot..lol
@Traveldiva lol @ "you are ridiculous for the beginning of this post" I think we all do that from time to time."
Product Junkie Diva

Anonymous said...

I do read the ingredients. There are certain things that I try to avoid. But I will admit that I have purchased some products with not so good ingreds simply to do the job I need it to do.

Product Junkie Diva said...

@jewells I know what you mean. I try to be very careful with what I buy so I do read the ingredients.
Product Junkie Diva