Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Taking a Chance

In general, hair grows about 1/2 inch each month so I wanted to speed that process up. I was looking for a product that would give my hair an extra growth boost. I was in The Vitamin Shoppe and I came across the Enegizer Hair Follicle Stimulator. I had seen the product before but it looked a little shady so I never even picked it up. It was the last bottle, it looked dusty and it was on the bottom shelf. I mean if this product was great wouldn't it have reached top shelf status? Anyway, one day I saw that a new shipment had come in and I was feeling a bit adventurous so I picked it up and read the label only to discover that it contains some pretty good ingredients. Jojoba oil, rosemary, chamomile, wheat protein and other natural ingredients. I was however slightly disturbed at seeing methylparaben adn propylparaben only because those were the two ingredients that looked unhealthy to me, probably because Carol's Daughter and other companies so eagerly bost that their products are paraben free.
I purchased the product but I later did some checking online and it seems that researchers are trying to determine if there is a link between parabens and some forms of cancer...scary right especially since so many hair products have parabens. Also the parabens were at the very bottom of this list, but I can tell you know that I can't see myself picking this product up again just because of the parabens.
My bottle is almost done and what do I have to show for it, a bushel of blossoming new growth, a fuller mane, or glossy strong strands? Well I feel like when i used it, my hair was a little softer and it certainly didn't make my hair feel hard or unmanageable so that was a plus. I do have a great deal of new growth but that is probably because my last tough up was roughly 8 weeks ago. Despite what the many online proponents of this product have to say, I don't see an extraordinary difference with my hair despite. I am officially doing all I can to kick all parabens to the curb.
At least it only cost me $9.99
Have you ever tried a product that received rave reviews yet you received less than fabulous results?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Look here, if you are SERIOUS about hair growth, get the Biotin vitamins. You can get them from Target. Be warned: they make ALL your hair grow. If you don't mind having a touch of teen wolf in your life, take them. They truly work.

Product Junkie Diva said...

OH no I dont need any teen wolf outbreaks..lol I have heard of biotin pills and I have heard about the results. Hair everywhere growing like weeds and skin breakouts. My hair is actually growing well I'm just being greedy...lol I do use a few Biotin conditioners from time to time which I will post a review on soon and a normal multi vitamin contains biotin but I doubt very seriously I will update my biotin dosage.
Product Junkie Diva

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

Hmm...good question. I can't think of any products that I've used that were raved, but didn't really come through for me. I know there has to be something out there! I just wish I could think of at least one. I'll be back if I do remember!

Also, it's always good to try new things even if they don't work out. :-)

Don said...

Yes, I have.

Proactiv.

That ish does not work.

LOL.

It doesn't.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Oooooh Don one thing about proactive is that it mentioned in the documentation that it may make matters worse before it makes things better.(not sure if this happened to you or if it just didn't work). Around the time it became popular my sister placed an order, and I have to tell you proactive is probably the last thing my sister needs because her skin is almost always clear. Anyway I decided to use it for my occasional breakouts and let me tell you I looked like a pepperoni pizza with all the belimishes it gave me. It caused my sister to breakout as well. That was it we were done, I will take a minor break out every now and then over using pimple promoting proactive any day.
Thanks for reading!
Product Junkie Diva

Anonymous said...

I've heard about the link of parabens in regards to cancer. I'm not sure how true it is just yet. It seems like a lot of products have some type of paraben. From deoderant to face wash.

No matter how bad I want to, I can't seem to avoid every bad-listed item.

It's hard out here for those of us that want to do right=)

Product Junkie Diva said...

I so agree with you Jewells, it's hard out here...
Have you ever tried products from the company 100% pure..it smells great and it does not include the bad stuff. I did a review on it, it is under the body section, also I have a link listed on my page to the company.
Product Junkie Diva