Monday, April 7, 2008

My introduction

Saturday was a beautiful day in NYC so I ended up going on a shoe run. It is that time of year when you just have to buy shoes. No seriously you just have to.... Anyway as I was strolling along I passed a Mac store so I just had to enter. Antithesis got me all excited when I saw her post on the Mac Neo sci-fi line, but I didn't remember while I was in the store that this line will come out in May. As I entered the store women were waiting to have their faces painted, while others were getting all dolled up in their favorite Mac shades. An associate quickly came to my aid and I told her that I was looking for the Mac Neo sci-fi line. She contorted her face in such a way that it was clear she had not heard of the line, so she asked an associate and he was equally confused. I have to say in that moment I felt completely in the know, like I had informed these Mac employees of products they didnt even know about. (Turns out I was jumping the gun by about a month..lol) The gentleman informed me that he thought I was talking about the N line then he ushered me over to a nearly empty container with two nude lipsticks. I wasn't impressed thanked him for his help and continued browsing the store with the female employee. I told her I wanted the darkest brown lip liner available and she quickly blurted out Chestnut ($12.50). It is beautiful and just the shade that I wanted. She tried to get me into some light shades but I was drawn to the darker products.
I also purchased plushglass in "Wet wild Wonderful", "oversexed (which looks like a dark purple)" and lipglass in Viva Glam V (it is listed as a neutral pink with perl but it looks like a shimery nude color ($17.50 each) . The picture on the right is a shot with all of the shades on my forearm from left to right (the chestnut lip liner, the Viva glam 5, wet wild wonderful, and oversexed (which looks red but it isn't) feel free to click on the picture for a larger view).

I love all of my Mac purchases, the plushglasses are shiny, long lasting, not very sticky (a level 2.5 on the sticky meter), they have a great scent and they apply smoothly with just the right amount of color. The plushglass is supposed to plump up your lips but I don't need that so I almost didnt make the purchase until the sales associate told me that it doesn't work..lol However, your lips will tingle. The lip glass is long lasting and really shiny so I love it also.
In fact earlier today I didnt feel like I had any gloss on my lips so I went to reapply, and the color was still there and it was shiny. I would certainly purchase Mac products again so look out for reviews in the future.
What is your favorite Mac product?
Happy Macing.....

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay. We have a convert! Really, I have everything MAC: blush, concealer and foundation. I mostly wear lip glass on the lips. Now, I WILL buy bootleg MAC clear lip glass from Target. The bootleg version is by Sonia Kashuk. Also, I gave up on their nail colors, too. I wear Essie, now.

The only thing about MAC is that they are always updating their line. I've fallen in love with many a lip color that got discontinued. :(

antithesis said...

omg, they had you buy my entire make-up collection! j/k. but really wet,wild,wonderful is great and i'm running out (sad face). i live by chestnut and wont venture to try any other liner. viva glam V was my stuff!!!! i lost that one (blame me for being young and dumb) have you tried "oh baby" lip glass? it tingles when u put it on and for some reason my sister and i like that. very pretty color and mixes well with chestnut. there is an eyeshadow crayon thing they have in taupographic or something i need to replace. its a brassy gold and it enhances ANY shadow you put on top of it and makes it stay. i need to work there...

Don said...

I just like it when a woman has a slightly glossed look on her lips. I think that's sexy.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Good Morning Everyone,
@Frugalista I have seen the Sonia Kashuk products at Target but something about it just has never moved me to buy it..maybe one day.

@Antithesis yay I found my makeup twin..lol I have not tried oh baby but I will put that on my list. Saturday was my very first visit to a Mac store and my first Mac purchase. I have been to Mac counters at Macys etc but I have never made a purchase until this past weekend.
@DOn thanks for adding the male perspective to my site.
Product Junkie Diva

TravelDiva said...

LOL. Did you get any shoes?

Product Junkie Diva said...

I sure did TravelDiva
I will take pics and post them tonight :-)
Product Junkie Diva

Eb the Celeb said...

it was gorgeous here on sat... now its right back cold again

T said...

Have to shoe shop indeed. I bought one pair on Thursday and and in pursuit of the perfect shoe to match a dress I'm wearing to a wedding on a Saturday.

I have the shoe in my head. I could sketch it for you... just haven't physically seen it in the store yet. :)

Oh baby and chestnut? Ladies, were we separated at birth or what. I've gone from the browns to the pinks and purples, BUT I always keep my chestnut pencil and oh baby lip glass on standby.

Crystal Beach is my ish too. Good by itself or with chestnut. Classically beatiful!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Hello
@ Eb the Celeb I hope we have more days like Saturday coming our way this week.
@ T without a doubt I sketch shoes myself. I get the look in my head and I go to town. I hope to wear my own creation one day...lets see what happens.
Product Junkie Diva

Unknown said...

You know you got my attention talking about MAC.....We have the same taste because I own all the colors you purchased.....Becareful ...It's addicting ....I spend two to three hundred dollars on this stuff at a time...Not to many colors I don't have ...I'm wait for their new line as well...

Product Junkie Diva said...

I know you are a MAC woman because I saw the picture of your beauty case filled with Mac product...youare serious about your MAC. I will certainly buy more and I can see how the price adds up so quickly.
Thanks for reading
Prodcut Junkie Diva