Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Who Knew Part II

Have you ever known someone who you thought you had them pegged? They appeared to be so predictable and then out of nowhere they do something that makes you want to do a double take. Well I didn't know CVS had it in em! I went into CVS yesterday to get some sour gummy lifesavers and other office must haves and then I literally backtracked to an aisle because I was certain my eyes were fooling me. Since when did CVS begin selling MOP (Modern Organic Products)? I recently did a post on one of their lovely products and I have a few more coming up from the MOP line but I digress. I saw a few shampoos and conditioners from this line on display, being sold for a few more bucks than it is sold for at the beauty supply store, nevertheless there it was right there in CVS. Once I got over the initial shock I proceeded to the new self checkout register and my eyes wobbled and did the mambo #5 in my head as I saw Kerastase products. WHAT now MOP is one thing but when CVS begins to sell $34 shampoos and conditioners, that’s when I stand up and take notice. Unfortunately, they only had the line in stock for color treated hair, which I do not have but I was still impressed. The next time I go into CVS who knows they may be selling Phyto products. I have my eye on you CVS.........
Product review to follow.

10 comments:

antithesis said...

wait cvs has self-checkout now? about time b/c they have like four registers but i end up gettin checked out at the photo center b/c thats the only person working. and yes, cvs is stepping their game up!

yummy411 said...

yes cvs is trying to bring credibility to drugstore beauty! sometimes i'll see a shampoo in the salon and have to think twice like, isn't that a drugstore brand?

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

CVS has beefed up their beauty product inventory!! I love going there on lunch breaks, just to see what I can find!

Anonymous said...

Has anyone heard that once a high end beauty line goes to the drugstore, it's counterfeit? Doesn't Paul Mitchelll say that or something? Just curious.

Unknown said...

CVS has definitely come up...I'm shocked at something new everytime I go in there....

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Antithesis I see you know about the photo center checkout, I resort to that as well when I'm at a cvs that does not have the self checkout.
@Yummy 411 & BGG I can relate to what you have both said.
@Frugalista ok this is a question we need to get to the bottom of...
@Tracyee I wonder what cvs has in store....
Product Junkie Diva

Anonymous said...

You know I've even noticed that Target is starting to sell some higher-end products. I saw Bumble & Bumble on the shelf few months ago and was like wow!

--Bellefille84

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Bellefille I also saw Bumble and Bumble at CVS, I forgot to mention that in the post. Please check out the post with the title "please chime in" because Frugalista has provided us with a great article that may make you think twice about buying products from certain stores.
Product Junkie Diva

Unknown said...

I went to a CVS in a black middle class area, that I don't ever go to and I was surprised to find Mizani, Dudley's Q and Salerm products on the shelf. The Salerm products really surprised me, but I guess if enough customers request it, they stock it.

Product Junkie Diva said...

@Lexelle I have never seen those products at CVS but I guess the community will dictate the products that are offered in a store. Please check out the post with the title "please chime in" Frugalista posted an article from stating that some product sold in drugstores may be fakes...
Product Junkie Diva