Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Scarred


If there is an accident waiting to happen you better believe I will find it! While I would not consider myself a klutz, I must say that I have had a few run-ins with couches, stairs and chairs over the years and I earned a few scars along the way. I am grateful that I don't seem to scar easily and the scars that I did get over the years gradually faded away. This past summer I was injured again, (nothing serious) and I wanted to get a minor scar to disappear before it got too comfortable on my leg so I purchased Scar Butter by Carol's Daughter.
Scar butter includes camphor, lavender, geranium and essential oils to aid in the regeneration of your cells. This product is designed for minor, burns, scars and bruises, which means if you are in need of stitches, this product is not for you.
Scar butter has a strong lavender scent along with an unidentified scent but it is pretty strong. I used this scar butter daily for about two weeks and then on and off for an additional 3 weeks or so and the scar is almost completely gone. I should also note that I still dabbed some good old cocoa butter on the scar along the way.Would the scar have disappeared naturally over time? Possibly, however, I would like to think that this product helped in some regard, because if it didn't I just wasted $12.00.
How do you get rid of your scars?
*UPDATE- I forgot to mention that this product is free of mineral oil, petroleum, and parabens. It is also 99.4% free.

13 comments:

antithesis said...

i have prescription hydroquinone for my acne scars but ive also started using it on my stretch marks. maybe its wishful thinking, but i feel like its helping (or it could be just that im losing weight). like you, i am a fan of cocoa butter too.

Anonymous said...

i always use cocoa butter but i may venture out to newer things.

Brown Girl Gumbo said...

I actually used Carol's Daughter mango body butter on a scar from a burn and it worked wonders. I'm like you though, not sure if it would've faded on it's own, but I'd like to think the butter had something to do with it!

@ Antithesis - I have used hydroquinone for my acne scars too, but for some reason it doesn't seem to work as quickly as I would like it to! LOL!

T said...

*dialing my dermatologist, hoping I can stop buying mac concealer...*

What's this hydroquinone you people speak about?

James Tubman said...

i have terrible problems with scars because i do constructio work and i am very clumsy

ironically i'm taking the hydroquinone now but like gumbo said it's going real slow lol

Anonymous said...

I usually use straight shea butter.

There is also this product by Palmer's Skin Success...Fade Milk. It is very good for evening out the skin tone. Only problem is that it has propylene glycol and isoproplyn myristate (main ingredient in WD-40). I might have to pick some more up anyway, though, to help fade these scars on my face from an allergic reaction.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Hey Ladies,
Thanks so much for adding all of these other products to the list. I forgot to mention in the post that the Carols Daughter product is 99.4% natural.
I have unrefined shea butter but I have never used it on a scar.
Thanks for reading.
Product Junkie Diva

Phyllis Bourne said...

Duh, it never even occurred to me try to fade a scar. I just figured I had to suck it up.

Next time I have a run in with the edge of my hope chest, I'm gonna try Scar Butter!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Cocoa Butter works great you just gotta be consistent with it!

--Bellefille84

1/3 said...

I love carol's daughter!! I love their ocean shea body butter. Went to NYC to buy some and been hooked ever since lol

1/3 said...

oh i didnt answer the question at the bottom lol. I use neoposirin on my scars. It works for me.

Product Junkie Diva said...

@PBW lol I hope you don't have a run in any time soon. Our skin renews itself and new cells replace the old ones so I guess the fading will happen naturally over time but some products just help to speed it along.
@Bellefille yes I am a cocoa butter woman also. Even if it doesn't do anything I still like the scent.
@1/3 yes I remember your post about the friendly NYers you met while you were here..lol
Remember you can always order your carols daughter products from her website.
I used neosporin once and it seemed to be pretty good.
As always thanks for reading ladies and gents.
Product Junkie Diva

Eb the Celeb said...

yeah i love this... is works great... also Ambi fade creme works well on scars too!