Friday, April 11, 2008

Reunited


When I buy products I definitely use them but from time to time I forget about some of them either because I have found something better or it has just gotten lost in the shuffle. Last year for the first time I purchased Elasta QP Mango Butter and we became good friends. I left my previous moisturizer for Elasta QP mango butter and I just knew we would have a long healthy relationship together. The light fruity scent is enjoyable, and it is filled with good ingredients like coconut oil and mango seed butter. Whenever I was ready to do my hair my elsata qp was by my side and my hair was shiny and moisturized and then I met Jane.
Jane Carter's nourishing hair cream is a light beautifully scented moisturizer that caused me to dash the Elasta qp into my product dungeon. I went traipsing off with the hair nourishing cream and never looked back. Tracyee at K.I.S.S. did a post on a moisturizer that she enjoys and it was the Elasta QP mango butter. I almost felt ashamed, because I had never done a post on this moisturizer, I didn't even talk about it, it was like it never existed, like we never had a relationship. So I dusted my elasta qp off and began using it mainly because I am 8 weeks post relaxer and I need something that is thick enough to handle my new growth yet light enough that it won't weigh my hair down. We are officially reunited and it feels so good.
Jane Carter's lotion is still my favorite hair moisturizer because the elasta qp mango butter can become a little greasy if I use it daily, but it is still a good product.
Here is a link to the Elasta qp website where it has a link that will allow you to get a free sample.
http://www.elastaqp.com/intensive_mango_butter_moisturizer.php
This product can cost anywhere from $4.40-$ 5.99
Which products have you forgotten about and then later had a joyful reunion?

7 comments:

antithesis said...

yea i got a sample of mango butter a year ago and its still here today b/c my hair is moody and will decide what will work on a whim. but i do really like it when my hair decides to accept it.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Hey Antithesis,
My hair can be moody also so I know what you mean. When I first used the mango butter my hair also accepted it and then I had a period when it made my hair feel a little crunchy. Then I stopped using it then tried it againa nd it has been great ever since. I wonder if it has something to do with other chemicals in my hair...any stylists out here who can shed light on this?
Product Junkie Diva

Anonymous said...

Dang it. This is not a good place to be for a semi-recovering product junkie.

Hmmm, off to see if I can find some more mango butter because Miss Jane is a little too pricy for that little container.

Phyllis Bourne said...

I was just thinking about ordering this last week, but went with Pantene's Relaxed & Natural breakage defense mask instead. Thanks for the free sample tip!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Hello ladies
@jewells let the junkie live...lol we can start a support group or something. hehe
@PBW I used to use the pantene relaxed and natural products but I am trying to move away from harsh chemicals which can be found in their products. Yes, please get your free sample of this moisturizer and let me know what you think.
Thanks for reading ladies
Product Junkie Diva

Anonymous said...

I have this product & I super-love it!!!

Product Junkie Diva said...

@ Park Avenue I really do enjoy the scent and the texture.
Product Junkie Diva