Thursday, April 10, 2008

Get your shine on!

I saw two women this week, both with drastically different hair textures but they both had the shiniest hair you could ever imagine. I thought I had a good thing going on until I saw the shine bouncing off of these ladies heads. There are so many things that I can do to give my hair that extra level of shine but one product that I have tried is Luster's Renutrients Revita-Shine. This product can be found at your local beauty supply store for roughly $5.50 and it does work. This polish is like a very light serum and it does not become sticky which is great. It says on the package that it is "a vitamin rich daily polish therapy that shines and silkens hair with a unique blend of coconut oil and aloe vera". Sounds great but when you look at the ingredients list the first thing listed is mineral oil while coconut oil and the aloe vera are way down the list just above "fragrance". When I do use this product, which is not often, I convince myself that it is ok because I am using it on my hair and not on my scalp. Just for the mineral oils I don’t know if I would get this product again but it does work so it may be worth a try, especially for those who are not opposed to mineral oil. And for those who use heat, it claims to protect from thermal styling.
What do you use to make your hair shine like you just left the salon?

6 comments:

antithesis said...

my hair usually has a healthy sheen of its own. when it doesnt, i use IC hair polisher or mizani rose h20 when applying heat. when i wear my hair in its natural texture, i use hair milk from CD (i dont really like it that much b/c its really greasy).

TravelDiva said...

Usually Pink Oil Moisturizer Hair Sheen. But I'm going to try out this product. Thanks!

Anonymous said...

I'm going to try this one. I use some clear stuff from the drug store for $6, but I forget the name. PJD, I need your guidance. I recently started doing my thick, dry hair at home. Can you help me with a shampoo and conditioner? I have been using stuff laying around the house which is usually way cheap. I want to get salon results at home. This post is a good start for me...

Product Junkie Diva said...

Thanks for writing in ladies.
@ Antithesis, I have heard great things about mizani especially this product that you need to sleep with overnight on your hair. do you know what that is? Have you used it before?
@TravelDiva wow one of the few people with whom I have communicated who can handle products by that evil pink line..lol I remember my struggles with their lotion as a child.
@Frugalista I will be sending you a "Help is here" email shortly with recommendations...yayayaya.
Prodcut Junkie Diva

Anonymous said...

Jojoba oil, coconut oil make my hair super shiny!

--Bellefille84

Product Junkie Diva said...

Yes bellefille I am an oil lady myself. I use all of the oils that you have mentioned.