Sunday, April 13, 2008

I settled, but not really.

If you have been reading this blog, you know that I have been looking for the Dior Poison blue nail polish, so I placed my self on a waiting list, asking to be notified as soon as the product is available, well below is a portion of the email I received.
"You recently requested notification when Dior Dior Vernis Long-Wearing Nail Lacquer - Poison Blue, $19.00, is available. We are sorry to inform you that this item has been discontinued, but our Beauty Advisors can recommend a similar product. "
So I settled and opted for OPI Nail Lacquer in Russian Navy for $8.00. Since I was never able to see the Dior polish in person I can not compare the two products, but I am pretty happy with this dark shade of blue. It is a dark blue but not too dark that you think I am wearing black polish. I do however need to add a top coat otherwise it will look a little dull. It has little shimmery things in the polish which fade into oblivion once it has dried, but for more than half the price of the Dior polish I'm not mad at opi. They have other shades of blue available but I am content and I feel like I have satisfied my desire for blue nails.
I must say this is my first time buying Opi nail polish, but I didn't know it. I thought I had purchased this brand before but oh no I purchased a bootleg company polish whose name also begins with the letter "o" (sorry I can't think of the name right now and I cant find the bottle of bootleg polish, maybe I chucked it).
It's like walking into CVS and reaching for a name brand product only to realize you have picked up the CVS brand which has the exact color scheme as the product you intended to pick up and it is strategically placed next to the name brand item. Well that must have happened to me in the past but now I will keep my eagle eye focused on the labels.
Which company makes your favorite polish?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wear Essie quite a bit. Opi is O.K. but Essie works.

I do want to try that dark blue. It's edgy.

antithesis said...

i like sally hansen polishes. i may start buying OPI since that is what all the nail shops i go to use. that blue is nice.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Hi ladies
Essie is not bad at all Sally hansen is fine also depending on what you purchase. This sally hansen product was such a bust http://productjunkiediva.blogspot.com/2008/01/save-your-dime-and-your-time.html
However a similar product is being released by the Opi line under the name Nicole, so I am eager to see if their nail polish pen will be any better.
Product Junkie Diva

Anonymous said...

I would've been HOT after waiting & waiting for the Dior polish, just to be told that it's been discontinued. I was reading some magazine & the OPI Russian Navy polish got really good reviews. I'm going to pick some up.

yummy411 said...

they are something else! that dior blue looked hot in pics and i wanted my dior mani!!! i'm still going to try searching for it out here.

you must be talking about orly the opi bootleg.. you are so funny! i don't have too many complaints with my polishes because they usually hold well over my acrylics =p. nicole can be found at target just as now cvs is beginning to carry opi. i love opi! it lasts the longest, though i can't compare to essie. i haven't been hard pressed to try essie as the colors are comparable to opi.. ehh just wanted to chime in over here ;)

Product Junkie Diva said...

@ Park Avenue yes I heard good things about the Russian blue also. They actually have another shade of blue that has sparkles in it, it is named Fantasy and it is a part of their designers series. Another dark blue from Opi is "Yoga-ta get this blue" which is from their Indian collection.
@Yummy 411 thanks so much, yes Orly is the company I was thinking of. I will check for nicole at target since I didn't see it at cvs yet. If I get an itch for blue nails again I may look into the blue by chanel that was pretty dark also.
Thanks for reading ladies.
Product Junkie Diva