Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Love Don't Live Here

I started out with the best of intentions, I work hard and I wanted to spend my money on a product that would treat me well. Unfortunately, I picked up the L'Occitane Lavender hand lotion, a lotion that is determined to leave my hands dry no matter what I do. This essential oil filled lavender scented disaster only set me back $10 so I guess I can’t complain too much. I would put on a reasonable amount of this light lotion and it would disappear almost before I could properly grease up my other hand. I thought I had outsmarted it by really layering this lotion on, but it only made my hands feel like it had a layer of oil on it and every time I touched a document I was leaving my fingerprint behind, not a good look around an office. To be fair I should mention that I put this lotion on my legs and it wasn't moisturizing, but it didn't suck the moisture out of my legs as it did my hands. I’m giving this lotion up to someone else, my mom, who can find a use for any bad product.
I'm not going to fight for something that obviously doesn’t want to work with me but I will gladly throw this lotion into the "Skip It" files.
Which lotion do you carry around daily?

10 comments:

antithesis said...

what do you do with the crap you come across that ends up in the "skip it files"? do you just throw it away or do you use it reluctantly until it's gone?

Anonymous said...

I don't carry around lotion. Everytime I put it in my purse, it seems to always leak. Plus, I live in South Florida, so I'm always oily and not dry.

Picking up on antithesis' question, do you donate your bad products to a women's shelter? Where do they go? You have such a collection.

Product Junkie Diva said...

Good Morning Ladies,
@Antithesis & Frugalista it really depends, if I feel that it would not be of good use to anyone I have no problm throwing it away. But if I think someone else may like it then I am always willing to hand it over. People like different things so my "skip it" item may be on the "my favs" list for someone else ( I doubt it though..lol).
Product Junkie Diva

antithesis said...

you should look into one of those beauty product swapping sites. if i can find the link, ill send it to you. that way, you wont be completely out of your money and you can try out something else to feed your addiction. i guess this makes me an enabler.

antithesis said...

found it: http://makeupalley.com/swap/

Product Junkie Diva said...

Yes you are an enabler antithesis..lol but thanks.
I clicked the link to check out the site and I said oh a place where people swap new items for new items. Ummmm not exactly people are actually selling used stuff... that thought made me dry heave. I saw this on the site "Clean your swap items with alcohol before sending them out--sharpen pencils, wipe down packaging and clean off lipstick tips. " Clean off lipstick yikes..lol I so appreciate you for sending me this information but I do not think swapping is for me.
Thanks again
Product Junkie Diva

Anonymous said...

I would've been like "yes, I have a return."

Product Junkie Diva said...

Jewells,
I need to get into return mode, I'm just not much of a return lady.
Product Junkie Diva

Mischo Beauty said...

My favorite handcream is Kiehl's Ultimate Strength Hand Salve. I know it sounds heavy-duty but I need it after paying my dues as a shampoo girl! LOL!

Anyway,go to Kiehl's and ask for a sample- and try it out. They're really generous with samples. Please let me know what you think!

Product Junkie Diva said...

Thanks Mischo,
I will check it out, sounds like a great product.
Product Junkie Diva